Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 25th October 2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 555616)
Three quid in Asda. C’est bon.

Attachment 198056

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats it asda where I be going then , I quite fancy that and its got good reviews ,let me know what you think once you've seen it please .

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 555608)
I really rate Cul-de-Sac too, Dem. :nod:

Maitresse is also very good.

I've put off seeing Maitresse until now. Isn't there supposed to be a horrific slaughterhouse sequence that you can't unsee once you've witnessed it?

MuckyFunster 26th October 2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 555617)
Thats it asda where I be going then , I quite fancy that and its got good reviews ,let me know what you think once you've seen it please .

Will do, gag!

I’ll maybe stick it on tonight. I need some cheering up after watching Shameless’ “The Nurse” last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platostotal 26th October 2017 02:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Charity shop next to Tesco superstore had trays of dvd with '3 for £2' sign and thus this weekend's viewing sorted:ghostclap:, and got After Earth and 51st State from poundland so £4 the lot...

VeZius 26th October 2017 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's been a good week mailwise. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th October 2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 555619)
I've put off seeing Maitresse until now. Isn't there supposed to be a horrific slaughterhouse sequence that you can't unsee once you've witnessed it?

Yeah, it's a clean kill but not exactly what I'd term riveting to look at... especially as it concerns an animal the French eat and people in this country tend not to... unless you buy your burgers from Tesco of course.

On it's initial run in the UK there were four main cuts (including the scene mentioned above) for the film to gain an X certificate - these are detailed on the BBFC site but are obviously spoiler-ish if you haven't seen the film.

Gigantor 26th October 2017 08:57 PM

13 ASSASSINS
SPACED Season 1+2
FM Season 1
SUMMER SCHOOL

Nostalgic 27th October 2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 555617)

Grrrr! Paid £10.99 from hmv when it came out, did not enjoy but have held on to it as it did get a few good reviews & maybe I needed to be a bit more patient with it.

Got The Guardian (Friedkin movie, not the newspaper!) from cex & have The Vikings & Wages of Fear (basic editions) coming in the post. Don't want to splurge on the deluxe blu rays until i've seen the movies at least once!

Justin101 27th October 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 555717)
Grrrr! Paid £10.99 from hmv when it came out, did not enjoy but have held on to it as it did get a few good reviews & maybe I needed to be a bit more patient with it.

I didn't like it either, I'm flummoxed by the positive reviews. It starts off really strong, but I was bored for at least an hour of the (80 min) running time :lol:

Dave Boy 27th October 2017 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 555653)
It's been a good week mailwise. :)

Attachment 198104

WOW!
What is the story behind this? I never knew about this soundtrack and how/what/where did it get signed ??