Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th November 2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 557085)
I'm not a Rollin expert to be honest, I've only watched one of his on a Redemption VHS 20+ years ago and I don't even know which one it was. So for a blind buy I'm more comfortable paying £10, just had a scan through and this one looks OK.

I love The Iron Rose, Justin.

Bugger all happens but it's atmospheric to the point of, well it's very atmospheric let's say. :D

Prince_Vajda 10th November 2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 557085)
I'm not a Rollin expert to be honest, I've only watched one of his on a Redemption VHS 20+ years ago and I don't even know which one it was. So for a blind buy I'm more comfortable paying £10, just had a scan through and this one looks OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 557088)
I love The Iron Rose, Justin.

Bugger all happens but it's atmospheric to the point of, well it's very atmospheric let's say. :D

Let me put it this way... it is so atmospheric that the viewer doesn't notice the absence of a story and the lack of dialogue.

My review of this unorthodox brilliant little film can be found here.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th November 2017 08:29 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

2 Attachment(s)
A few recently. A couple of Full Moon releases and Death Wish (classic art!) from NSM Records. I’ll pick up Full Moon’s release of Curse Of The Puppet Master soon, as I believe PM 4&5 didn’t sell well for 88 Films, and I don’t see them releasing any more (watches to see them announce Curse and Retro after I post this [emoji23]).

Attachment 198792Attachment 198793

Prince_Vajda 10th November 2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 557138)
A few recently. (...) Death Wish (classic art!) from NSM Records.(...) Attachment 198793

Totally agree. Definitely the best Death Wish artwork. :nod:

Where did you get that release?

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th November 2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 557141)
Totally agree. Definitely the best Death Wish artwork. :nod:

Where did you get that release?

It is! The cover for the American blu-ray is weird, it’s obviously a promotional shot from Death Wish 3, as it’s the gun he uses it that film. I got this from D&T Mailorder.

Crimson Blade 11th November 2017 10:32 AM

It's a shame I have the US release, as I love the artwork as well.
Guessing it's the same transfer?

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th November 2017 03:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

The Batman tv series was £30 at Sainsbury's which didn't seem bad. The others (Holiday Affair and In the Eye of the Hurricane aside) were all in Music Magpie's £1.99 - buy two get two free offer... so basically a quid each. :lol:

platostotal 11th November 2017 04:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My mate payed me back some dosh so had a splurge, didn't get further than CEX, chuffed to find Lisa there(tho at £12 made me wince:lol:) so £20 the lot.

Prince_Vajda 11th November 2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 557185)
This weeks new arrivals.

The Batman tv series was £30 at Sainsbury's which didn't seem bad. The others (Holiday Affair and In the Eye of the Hurricane aside) were all in Music Magpie's £1.99 - buy two get two free offer... so basically a quid each. :lol:

I really enjoyed Trouble with the Curve. A heart-warming little film with a strong female lead (Amy Adams) and a surprisingly convincing Justin Timberlake.

There are no words to describe the charism of good old Clint. He could star in a an advert for a hemorrhoid ointment and you'd still enjoy it.

trebor8273 12th November 2017 08:28 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Charity shop finds, at 50p a season I really can't complain if they aren't any good.

But have watched first few episodes of Chicago Fire and enjoying it.