Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 03:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

The Wallace set was from Network's sale, Molly's Game and The Commuter are in Asda's 2 for £15 offer and the Police Academy set and Hell or High Water were in Music Magpie's 2 for a fiver deal.

trebor8273 9th June 2018 04:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveries.

ArgentoFan1987 9th June 2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 578238)
Brazil (Gilliam, the 136 min version. As i have never seen this film in any version, can anybody guess at which version this 136 min cut is?)

You're in for a treat with Brazil. It is a long film, but it's absolutely brilliant.

gag 9th June 2018 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
God of war I have them all now .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578243)
This weeks new arrivals.

The Wallace set was from Network's sale, Molly's Game and The Commuter are in Asda's 2 for £15 offer and the Police Academy set and Hell or High Water were in Music Magpie's 2 for a fiver deal.

I thought Hell or High Water was brilliant when I saw it at the cinema and didn't change my mind when I saw it a couple of months ago at home.

I saw both Molly's Game and The Commuter at the cinema and liked them both, though I think the former is the better film and one which will benefit from repeated viewings more than the latter. I haven't seen any of the Police Academy films in a long, long time and might buy that set myself!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 578277)
I thought Hell or High Water was brilliant when I saw it at the cinema and didn't change my mind when I saw it a couple of months ago at home.

I saw both Molly's Game and The Commuter at the cinema and liked them both, though I think the former is the better film and one which will benefit from repeated viewings more than the latter. I haven't seen any of the Police Academy films in a long, long time and might buy that set myself!

Thanks for the feedback.

I might watch Hell or High Water tonight following The Dam Busters.

I don't think i've seen all the Police Academy films. They are generally hit and miss with the jokes from what i recall but seven films for £2.50 is a bargain. Seeing as they are all cased separately i can get rid of any duffers and keep the rest.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578280)
I don't think i've seen all the Police Academy films. They are generally hit and miss with the jokes from what i recall but seven films for £2.50 is a bargain. Seeing as they are all cased separately i can get rid of any duffers and keep the rest.

I don't think I've seen them all either. It's a shame that boxset isn't in the offer any more, but I've found the Blu-ray release for £11.99. That's more than I'd ideally want to spend, but still good value for seven films.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 578282)
I don't think I've seen them all either. It's a shame that boxset isn't in the offer any more, but I've found the Blu-ray release for £11.99. That's more than I'd ideally want to spend, but still good value for seven films.

I initially tried to order it last Sunday but by the time i checked out it had gone. Luckily i kept it in my wishlist and noticed it was back in the offer on Wednesday, so maybe it would be good to wait and see.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578285)
I initially tried to order it last Sunday but by the time i checked out it had gone. Luckily i kept it in my wishlist and noticed it was back in the offer on Wednesday, so maybe it would be good to wait and see.

My watchlist is so big I'm in no rush to buy it, so will keep it in my wishlist and see what happens.

J Harker 10th June 2018 02:39 PM

Two cheapies from CEX earlier
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81274e8012.jpg