Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 585839)
I've never seen this either, it's one of those films I feel embarrassed telling people that I've never seen it :lol:

Typical boring 70's kitchen sink drama with Vietnam excerpts. In my opinion it's dreary and i wouldn't ever watch it again.

The Russian Roulette sequence is a fantastic piece of film making but the rest of the film less so.

trebor8273 22nd August 2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 585860)
Typical boring 70's kitchen sink drama with Vietnam excerpts. In my opinion it's dreary and i wouldn't ever watch it again.

The Russian Roulette sequence is a fantastic piece of film making but the rest of the film less so.

Think I might see if I can cancel it,really don't want to watch a 3 hour kitchen sink drama

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 585861)
Think I might see if I can cancel it,really don't want to watch a 3 hour kitchen sink drama

Don't just take my word for it though. Plenty of people think it's great.

For someone like yourself who only keeps things until they watch them i'd get a cheaper bluray rather than spending a fortune on something that may not be easy to sell again. Or maybe it will.

Maybe even get a cheap dvd, or watch it on Prime, see if you like it then spend £27 on the collectible version.

The first hour is just a very drawn out wedding scene with everyone drunk and shouting a lot.

trebor8273 22nd August 2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 585862)
Don't just take my word for it though. Plenty of people think it's great.

For someone like yourself who only keeps things until they watch them i'd get a cheaper bluray rather than spending a fortune on something that may not be easy to sell again. Or maybe it will.

Maybe even get a cheap dvd, or watch it on Prime, see if you like it then spend £27 on the collectible version.

The first hour is just a very drawn out wedding scene with everyone drunk and shouting a lot.

Going to try and cancel and just get it on dvd .

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 585870)
Going to try and cancel and just get it on dvd .

You can always buy the anniversary edition if you really like the film. :pop2:

trebor8273 22nd August 2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 585871)
You can always buy the anniversary edition if you really like the film. :pop2:

Reading reviews that aren't 8-10s i have a fee!ing i won't, seems a films with a few outstanding scenes and great acting but that's it and it's a hour to long.

nosferatu42 22nd August 2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 585860)

This is exactly how i feel about the film.:nod:

trebor8273 22nd August 2018 07:14 PM

It's included in prime so I'll watch it on that and make up my mind.

Justin101 22nd August 2018 07:14 PM

I no longer feel so bad for having not seen it :lol:

trebor8273 22nd August 2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 585876)
I no longer feel so bad for having not seen it :lol:

I'm now just hoping that my copy will get cancelled , well if it doesn't can just send it back