Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 23rd March 2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 600401)
This weeks new arrivals.

A few bits n' bobs from MM. I've never owned Angel Heart on either dvd or vhs previously and thought i'd give Kolobos a third go after Arrow deemed it worthy of classic status.

The Trip was excellent but i never got round to buying it until now.

Just a stupid question, but you ever seen Angel Heart before?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 600412)
Just a stupid question, but you ever seen Angel Heart before?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have yes. I rented the video and borrowed it on dvd from a mate when dvd's were just gaining popularity.

I first got a dvd player in summer 98 from a small shop on the top floor of Manchester Arndale. Multiregion, it cost £500... i also bought a copy of Practical Magic for £25 from the same shop on my next visit. :lol: :whip:

marvinnashsear 23rd March 2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 600403)
Just gotten email from music magpie saying they have refunded me for the Tom and Jerry set, no word that they want it returned

Whenever I've asked for a refund they've always said just keep the disc as well.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd March 2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 600401)
This weeks new arrivals.
A few bits n' bobs from MM. I've never owned Angel Heart on either dvd or vhs previously and thought i'd give Kolobos a third go after Arrow deemed it worthy of classic status.
The Trip was excellent but i never got round to buying it until now.

Kolobos a classic?! It was a Monsieur Teardrop recommendation special for me, and a pretty bizarre trip of a film. One for the Arrow sale for sure. :nod:

Nostalgic 24th March 2019 05:41 PM

Bfi film noir set & witchboard on order from cex, Shop around the corner as my first order from cex went astray.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th March 2019 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ordered from Wow:

Attachment 213552 Attachment 213553

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 600447)

The Mask sounds interesting. I might take a plunge on the dvd version.

monkeypedro 25th March 2019 10:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This Morning i went to pick up the Highway to Heaven box set locally from a Facebook marketplace seller for £8 and came back via the village and checked out the charity shops and found the Scrubs 1-8 box set for £3, the Sick of It for £1 and the complete Last of the Summer Wine for only £2.50.

trebor8273 25th March 2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 600457)
This Morning i went to pick up the Highway to Heaven box set locally from a Facebook marketplace seller for £8 and came back via the village and checked out the charity shops and found the Scrubs 1-8 box set for £3, the Sick of It for £1 and the complete Last of the Summer Wine for only £2.50.

Even though not a fan of summer wine that's a hell of a bargain.

monkeypedro 25th March 2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 600458)
Even though not a fan of summer wine that's a hell of a bargain.

Only watched a few episodes when i was younger but at that price it was too good an offer to refuse. I could always take it to Cex and trade it in for £30 if i don't keep it.