Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 20th March 2011 06:28 PM

Just ordered Pontypool and Grindhouse. Looking forward to seeing the latter as a 3 hour plus double feature with the trailers etc.

antmumford 20th March 2011 09:41 PM

Today has been a special day for me because I had one of the best DVD hauls of my life. I went to Brighton and popped into a few second hand shops, not expecting to find much really as never normally do but today was different.

First stop, Gamestar. I'm trying to collect all the 20th Century Fox Definitive Edition steelbooks and I always look out for them when I'm out. Low and behold there sat Kingdom Of Heaven and Speed, both in pristine condition, never been touched and only £5 each. I was a happy man.

Next up was CEX. Kelly helped browse with me and managed to grab the Iron Man Steelbook which I'd never seen before but heard it's quite hard to come by.... only £5 too. Along with that I grabbed Around the World in 80 Days and The Twins Effect as part of my ever growing Jackie Chan DVD collection, only £2 each. I was an even happier man now.

Last but not least I went to RePlay. You may or may not know but I like my obscure and different DVD cases and the Transforming Transformer cases are my favourites. I currently own the Bumblebee one from Transformers 2 and I also imported the US exclusive Megatron one from Transformers but I've spent the last 4 years looking for the original Optimus Prime one. I thought that I'd have to import it from the US as the UK one seemed to be non existent on ebay and amazon. Low and behold on the shelf in RePlay there stood Optimus Prime. My heart was in my mouth and I started to sweat from excitement (I know that's sad but I just couldn't believe my eyes), my stomach then dropped to find it was only £5, yes £5. To top it off and round up the haul perfectly I also grabbed 2001: a space odyssey - Limited & Numbered Deluxe Collectors Edition which comes with 70 mm film cell, The Assassination of Jesse James - Limited Collectors Edition and 20th Century Boys: Chapter 1 - Limited Book Edition. All for only £5 each again.

I'm so chuffed that I had to ramble on and bore you all with details. :blush:

nekromantik 20th March 2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 137316)
Today has been a special day for me because I had one of the best DVD hauls of my life. I went to Brighton and popped into a few second hand shops, not expecting to find much really as never normally do but today was different.

First stop, Gamestar. I'm trying to collect all the 20th Century Fox Definitive Edition steelbooks and I always look out for them when I'm out. Low and behold there sat Kingdom Of Heaven and Speed, both in pristine condition, never been touched and only £5 each. I was a happy man.

Next up was CEX. Kelly helped browse with me and managed to grab the Iron Man Steelbook which I'd never seen before but heard it's quite hard to come by.... only £5 too. Along with that I grabbed Around the World in 80 Days and The Twins Effect as part of my ever growing Jackie Dhan DVD collection, only £2 each. I was an even happier man now.

Last but not least I went to RePlay. You may or may not know but I like my obscure and different DVD cases and the Transforming Transformer cases are my favourites. I currently own the Bumblebee one from Transformers 2 and I also imported the US exclusive Megatron one from Transformers but I've spent the last 4 years looking for the original Optimus Prime one. I thought that I'd have to import it from the US as the UK one seemed to be non existent on ebay and amazon. Low and behold on the shelf in RePlay there stood Optimus Prime. My heart was in my mouth and I started to sweat from excitement (I know that's sad but I just couldn't believe my eyes), my stomach then dropped to find it was only £5, yes £5. To top it off and round up the haul perfectly I also grabbed 2001: a space odyssey - Limited & Numbered Deluxe Collectors Edition which comes with 70 mm film cell, The Assassination of Jesse James - Limited Collectors Edition and 20th Century Boys: Chapter 1 - Limited Book Edition. All for only £5 each again.

I'm so chuffed that I had to ramble on bore you all with details. :blush:

thats a really awesome bargin for the optimus prime case!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 08:41 AM

You got yourself some real bargains there, Ant. I would love the 2001: A Space Odyssey limited edition set so, at only £5, no wonder you were chuffed with that and the rest of your day's shopping.

Phantom 21st March 2011 10:45 AM

Just ordered...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...th_blu-ray.jpg

mr 420 21st March 2011 10:56 AM

I got Vamp a few weeks ago on Blu. My question is , should I stick to the top of my to watch pile?

nekromantik 21st March 2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 137366)

what version is that?
I know both the Japanese and UK blu-rays are cropped not sure about the US release but thats $40 now plus postage :eek:

napalm-in-the-morning 21st March 2011 11:10 AM

Just got Slyline. Seems to be much hated but looks visually awesome!

oaxaca 21st March 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 137366)

Looks great that...Is it a steeley or just a black version of the standard case?

As for watching VAMP, mr 420, If your up for a bit of 80s nostalgia, grace jones and vampire action then definitely stick it on top of you pile!!

Just received THE PROWLER through the door this morn, the first of a spate of BU BD's which will hopefully be arriving this week woop!

antmumford 21st March 2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 137318)
thats a really awesome bargin for the optimus prime case!

I know, tell me about it. New it was around £30 then I only saw it once on Amazon Marketplace for £80 :eek: so I'm just over the moon at the moment. I can't get over it :lol:

Quote:

Nosferatu - You got yourself some real bargains there, Ant. I would love the 2001: A Space Odyssey limited edition set so, at only £5, no wonder you were chuffed with that and the rest of your day's shopping.
Yeah it's a great set but to be honest I just looked on ebay and some more are going on there for just a few quid so you can grab yourself a bargain there too ;)