Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 137387)
Yeah it's a great set but to be honest I just looked on ebay and some more are going on there for just a few quid so you can grab yourself a bargain there too ;)

I already have it on Blu-ray but wouldn't mind double dipping for a collector's edition (mine is just the standard version). I've had a look at eBay and the once they are selling looks the same as the one I already have. Never mind -- maybe one will crop up at a good price.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 137368)
I got Vamp a few weeks ago on Blu. My question is , should I stick to the top of my to watch pile?

Simple answer: yes!

mr 420 21st March 2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 137398)
Simple answer: yes!

To the top of the pile it goes then. I have seen it once but that was over twenty years ago now and I only have the vaguest of memories about it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 06:04 PM

I watched THE BEYOND last night,and I don't see what the negative comments are about.
It looked and sounded the best it ever has.

mr 420 21st March 2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137440)
I watched THE BEYOND last night,and I don't see what the negative comments are about.
It looked and sounded the best it ever has.

I can't wait to hear the soundtrack through my 5.1. You've got to love that fretless bass line that runs through it.:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 06:15 PM

Yeah,it was pretty impressive,and the only digital disc I haven't owned of this film is the Italian (No Shame?) disc.

mr 420 21st March 2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137447)
Yeah,it was pretty impressive,and the only digital disc I haven't owned of this film is the Italian (No Shame?) disc.

To my shame, I've only ever had this on video and am looking forward to upgrade.:o

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 06:26 PM

Well,let me tell you friend,if you've only seen it on VHS,then you're in for a treat!

mr 420 21st March 2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137455)
Well,let me tell you friend,if you've only seen it on VHS,then you're in for a treat!

I know. It's just on of many Arrow titles that I need to get for the upgrade i.e Island of Death, Blood Bath, Bare behind Bars etc, etc.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:46 PM

Having already bought far too much at the weekend , I told myself that was more than enough, but then I convinced myself that If I buy something else, I'll use this weekends pay :lol: So I just ordered the German Grindhouse BD steelbook. Here's a video from a guy on youtube with a good look at it.

YouTube - grindhouse steelbook blu ray german release