Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MrBarlow 3rd July 2021 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.

gag 3rd July 2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 655283)

Great film went cinema to see it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've had plenty of arrivals over the last few days, many films I haven't seen, others I have seen once but a long time ago, a few which I have on DVD, and two (Top Gun and Scarface) which I wanted for the sake of completion. I am waiting for The Two Jakes to arrive and am looking at a July with few, if any purchases!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 655287)
I've had plenty of arrivals over the last few days, many films I haven't seen, others I have seen once but a long time ago, a few which I have on DVD, and two (Top Gun and Scarface) which I wanted for the sake of completion. I am waiting for The Two Jakes to arrive and am looking at a July with few, if any purchases!

You've removed the cellophane, Nos. I never do that if i can help it and the only Premium Collection title i have without cellophane is The Omega man which was bought from CEX last week.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 06:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals. I took advantage of the tenner off a £25 Amazon spend with the first three, and have MrBarlow to thank for Jamaica Inn.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655288)
You've removed the cellophane, Nos. I never do that if i can help it and the only Premium Collection title i have without cellophane is The Omega man which was bought from CEX last week.

I've done that to look at the disc menus, checking the audio tracks, extra features, and to scan the slipcovers for my DVD Profile database.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 655295)
I've done that to look at the disc menus, checking the audio tracks, extra features, and to scan the slipcovers for my DVD Profile database.

I take it you don't use Stanley knives then to slide down the edges so protecting the slip case edges on shelves.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655297)
I take it you don't use Stanley knives then to slide down the edges so protecting the slip case edges on shelves.

No, I think they are safe enough on the shelves without the shrinkwrap.

Susan Foreman 4th July 2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655288)
You've removed the cellophane, Nos. I never do that if i can help it

I used to leave the cellophane on my LP's and DVD's but when the shelves were at capacity, and I had to remove it, I was amazed at how much space it actually took up

By taking it off, I was able to get a couple more items on each shelf

Dave Boy 4th July 2021 11:58 AM

I never ever take the celophane off a slip case. I always carefully slide a knife down and slide the contents out. I like to keep them protected and as mint as possible.
..and I never ever bend the cover of any book back and break the spine. It drives me up the wall when I see people reading a book with the cover bent around!!