Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 671114)
Are they stopping selling them or something?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

They have greatly reduced the shelf space for Blu's, dvd and cd's and haven't added any new things for months so i'm guessing so.

Demoncrat 27th May 2022 04:39 PM

Picked up 2 BDs etc ...

Up
Wall-E

and 3 dvds

A Later ... comp entitled Cool Britannia 2, there's a few performances I'll never watch but The Fall are on this one so it was worth it.

US Alien 3 (liked the cover)

Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) ... the remake with Vic & Bob, which I never watched at the time.

£6 the lot.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 671119)
Picked up 2 BDs etc ...

Up
Wall-E

All the crap i bought at Poundland. I left Up on the shelf. :lol:

Demoncrat 27th May 2022 04:52 PM

I remember liking most of it tbh, same as Wall-E.

J Harker 27th May 2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671117)
They have greatly reduced the shelf space for Blu's, dvd and cd's and haven't added any new things for months so i'm guessing so.

I don't look that often. Always the same stuff.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

nicholasrope 28th May 2022 02:40 PM

Think that this is the appropriate thread but anyone else think that due to the Jubilee that a lot of places will have sales on for that period?

Susan Foreman 28th May 2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 671150)
Think that this is the appropriate thread but anyone else think that due to the Jubilee that a lot of places will have sales on for that period?

Queenie probably doesn't watch a lot of Fulci or Argento, so I doubt if the Jubilee will be used as a reason for a sale!

g053584398 28th May 2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 671112)
Arrived :pop2:

Attachment 240393

What a wonderfully suspenseful film from one of my favourite directors of all time. I love the soundtrack too.

Dave Boy 28th May 2022 04:39 PM

As regards Poundland. I went in a store today and all the DVDs and Blu rays were in boxes in a sale bin. DVDs 50p and Blu rays £1. Nothing for me.
Other Poundland stores around me have only a handful of titles now. It must be the end.

I found a 2 disc Anchor Bay DEAD AND BURIED in CEX today. Hiding away near the bottom of the shelves. £4. Nice!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 671150)

Could be a good excuse for Studio Canal to do a sale on their many British releases. Especially with D-Day in that same period.

Same goes for Network and their British Film collection. Or the BFI.