Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 27th February 2023 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 682440)
The Sea Wolf was a blind buy for me too. Thought it was great. I reviewed it back in December. With things such as Premium Collection titles i think you can blind buy if the plot of something about the film appeals to you. The movies in question do all tend to be what you would call 3 star films at minimum, most four or five star.

The only ones i was a bit disappointed with aren't on your list. Two Paul Newman films - Harper and it's sequel The Drowning Pool.

The only ones on your list i haven't seen or don't own either as a Premium Collection title or on dvd are The Golden Child, The Two Jakes, Death Trap and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Of the ones i own / have seen only Dolores Clairborne i thought was poor.

So if it helps i think you can buy any of the others with confidence that you are purchasing a good or maybe outstanding film. It's not like blind buying Arrow slashers we haven't heard of. [emoji38]

I enjoyed Doreen Claiborne the one and only time I've seen it. Many years ago. The Golden Child is decent fun while nothing groundbreaking. The Two Jakes, Death Trap and Hunchback would be blind buys.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Justin101 27th February 2023 12:05 PM

Wiener Dog

https://i.ibb.co/ck3PNKm/EC8843-AE-E...B63412-C32.jpg

HMV sale and direct from Radiance, they sent me a bookmark for Welcome to the Dollhouse and a little fanzine type thing.

Nordicdusk 27th February 2023 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244910

Black House wrecks my bloody head I have a few releases by them and one came in a skinny black case then a few clear cases now today one arrives in a blue case just pick one or the other :axekiller:

Anyway blind buys based of some great reviews in Dems Gothic thread.

Justin101 27th February 2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 682463)
Attachment 244910

Black House wrecks my bloody head I have a few releases by them and one came in a skinny black case then a few clear cases now today one arrives in a blue case just pick one or the other :axekiller:

Anyway blind buys based of some great reviews in Dems Gothic thread.

They have no continuity at all, all different boxes and sizes, shapes and colours :lol:

However, 2 cracking films there, I like Lips of Blood the best, it's maybe my 2nd fave Rollin film, Fascination is brilliant as well, probably the most famous scene of all Rollin films, a naked Brigitte Lahaie with a scythe.

FYI, I ended up buying all of the redemption discs because I liked the artwork better and all of the boxes were the same size :lol: Now I'll be buying them all again from Indicator haha.

Nordicdusk 27th February 2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 682464)
They have no continuity at all, all different boxes and sizes, shapes and colours :lol:

However, 2 cracking films there, I like Lips of Blood the best, it's maybe my 2nd fave Rollin film, Fascination is brilliant as well, probably the most famous scene of all Rollin films, a naked Brigitte Lahaie with a scythe.

FYI, I ended up buying all of the redemption discs because I liked the artwork better and all of the boxes were the same size :lol: Now I'll be buying them all again from Indicator haha.

I'll be watching Fasination after The Last Of Us tonight I'm really looking forward to it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th February 2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 682465)
I'll be watching Fasination after The Last Of Us tonight I'm really looking forward to it.

You'll love it.:nod:

J Harker 28th February 2023 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered from Shamazon.Attachment 244922

Nordicdusk 28th February 2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 682466)
You'll love it.:nod:

I did :lol:

Nordicdusk 28th February 2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 682490)
Just ordered from Shamazon.Attachment 244922

I must purchase that myself.

J Harker 28th February 2023 12:33 PM

I'll order Maniacal Mayhem too soon.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk