Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 18th March 2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 683314)
I watched it this afternoon and really enjoyed it actually. I admit that it's a slow burn, but the whole scene at the start where he first meets the witch was so well done that it pulled me in, then the three nights of the vigil growing in intensity until the final night when it goes completely unhinged. Yeah really liked it :)

And now I'm interested again...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th March 2023 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683331)
And now I'm interested again...

The problem i found was that it was silly. It wasn't horror, it was....

...let's put it this way, it's not reminiscent of Bava's Black Sunday in any way shape or form.

SymbioticFunction 20th March 2023 01:06 AM

George Romero's Martin has arrived. I've been waiting for over four years since it was first announced. The wait is finally over. :) Will watch my blu-ray tomorrow with my wife (I was more than happy with the cheaper standard edition). Can't wait, brilliant film. :)

J Harker 20th March 2023 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sale items from HMV. All blind buys. May go back later, there was something called In The Earth for around the same squid quantity. Didn't realise it was a Ben Wheatley horror.Attachment 245267

Dave Boy 20th March 2023 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From HMV this morning. £7.99
Both parts edited together. Nearly 3 hours!

Attachment 245268

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2023 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683370)
Sale items from HMV. All blind buys. May go back later, there was something called In The Earth for around the same squid quantity. Didn't realise it was a Ben Wheatley horror.Attachment 245267

I quite enjoyed House...Clock. It's certainly a departure for Eli Roth. Quite entertaining and the house is very impressive.

I also have Valley of Violence on dvd. I found this entertaining too. I'd definitely have bought the Blu for what you paid.

If it's any help i bought In the Earth last year but haven't watched it yet. Being folk horror i was kinda waiting for spring. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 683371)
From HMV this morning. £7.99
Both parts edited together. Nearly 3 hours!

Attachment 245268

Been umming and arring over this for ages. No doubt i'll decide to take the plunge just as it goes back up to fifteen quid.

J Harker 20th March 2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683375)
I quite enjoyed House...Clock. It's certainly a departure for Eli Roth. Quite entertaining and the house is very impressive.

I also have Valley of Violence on dvd. I found this entertaining too. I'd definitely have bought the Blu for what you paid.

If it's any help i bought In the Earth last year but haven't watched it yet. Being folk horror i was kinda waiting for spring. [emoji38]

Quite looking forward to seeing what Ti West does with a western.

J Harker 20th March 2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683375)

If it's any help i bought In the Earth last year but haven't watched it yet. Being folk horror i was kinda waiting for spring.

Went back but In the Earth was actually a few quid more than I realised. Maybe another day. There are a few Premium Titles included in the sale too. Blow, To Have and Have Not, The Wrong Man and The Man With Two Brains I spotted. All £6.99.

marvinnashsear 21st March 2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683370)

Dunno if it matters to you but the UK blu ray of Brightburn is cut. Think it's only by a few seconds though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2023 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 683405)
Dunno if it matters to you but the UK blu ray of Brightburn is cut. Think it's only by a few seconds though.

Just had a look at the cuts. Why bother, really. It's pathetic.