Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iank 21st June 2023 01:00 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1645828020

Nordicdusk 21st June 2023 04:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 246773 Attachment 246774

Just arrived I wasn't expecting a slipcase just two discs in one case but anyway looks cool until you open it and look at the artwork especially on Children Jesus Wept :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st June 2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 687396)
Attachment 246773 Attachment 246774

Just arrived I wasn't expecting a slipcase just two discs in one case but anyway looks cool until you open it and look at the artwork especially on Children Jesus Wept :lol:

The slipcase has the original poster art but the discs have, **** knows what they have? :lol:

Dave Boy 21st June 2023 06:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
From HMV this morning

Attachment 246780

..and cheap pick ups from CEX, great condition.

Attachment 246781 Attachment 246782

I've got The Return Of The Pink Panther which is not in this set, so now I've got the lot.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st June 2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 687416)
From HMV this morning

Attachment 246780

have you seen the second Shazam film or is it a blind buy?

Obviously if you've seen it you must rate it as you've bought it. I really enjoyed the first film but can't recall anyone saying anything regarding the second.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st June 2023 07:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals: The Forever Purge (a blind buy) and The Good Liar from HMV; The Godfather Trilogy and The Truman Show from eBay.

I bought the Indicator titles from HMV and then realised I could have spent less if I had bought them directly from Powerhouse Films where they are 3 for £20 instead of 2 for £15.

MrBarlow 21st June 2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 687427)
Recent arrivals: The Forever Purge (a blind buy) and The Good Liar from HMV; The Godfather Trilogy and The Truman Show from eBay.

I bought the Indicator titles from HMV and then realised I could have spent less if I had bought them directly from Powerhouse Films where they are 3 for £20 instead of 2 for £15.

Nice haul there Nos, be interesting to see your thoughts on The Forever Purge.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st June 2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 687428)
Nice haul there Nos, be interesting to see your thoughts on The Forever Purge.

I've never seen it so am interested to see how it compares to the other Purge films. The 4K Ultra HD steelbook release was half price at HMV, so I felt okay about spending £9.99 on something that would hold its value on the second-hand market.

MrBarlow 21st June 2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 687433)
I've never seen it so am interested to see how it compares to the other Purge films. The 4K Ultra HD steelbook release was half price at HMV, so I felt okay about spending £9.99 on something that would hold its value on the second-hand market.

Nice one, after The First Purge I was disappointed by it and didn't bother with The Forever Purge but at times it seems to pop up.

SymbioticFunction 22nd June 2023 12:11 AM

German 4K UHD/blu-ray five disc set of Dario Argento's Opera has arrived. Due to being Plaion website exclusive - who don't ship to UK and US - cost me a whopping 76 quid (all in). Ouch. btw Plaion is the new name for Koch Media.

On the plus side, I don't go on holidays or buy front row tickets to Depeche Mode for me and my partner (best man at my wedding the other day). I also don't pay seven hundred pounds a year for an annual Vinegar Syndrome disc subscription (unlike a Facebook friend who was shocked at my price).

Crazy as it sounds was worth it to me to get hold of this set. Wouldn't spend that sort of money if it wasn't my favourite director. Tomorrow my wife and I will be watching best version of Argento's Opera in the world (hopefully!).