Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 20th March 2013 01:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
finally!! at least i know what i will be watching tonight. so much for sainsburys guarantee of getting stuff on release day, but glad there here. Harker has your post been yet?

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 01:51 PM

ANOTHER MASSIVE PILE (My poor poor wallet:doh:DAM OCD:lol:)
The House By The Cemetary (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
City Of The Living Dead (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Killer Nun (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Torso (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Machine Gun Mccain (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Bullet For The General (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Fire And Ice (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Circle Of Iron (Blue Underground Blu-Ray)
Halloween II (Shout Factory Blu-Ray)
Halloween III (Shout Factory Blu-Ray)
Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers (Miramax Blu-Ray)
Halloween: H20 (Miramax Blu-Ray)
Halloween: Resurrection (Miramax Blu-Ray)
Paranormal Activity (Blu-Ray)
Paranormal Activity 2 (Blu-Ray)
A Nightmare On Elm Street Set (Blu-Ray)
From Dusk Till Dawn Set (Blu-Ray)
Grindhouse Set (Blu-Ray)
Machete (Blu-Ray)
Legend Of The Guardians 3D (3D Blu-Ray)
Predators (Blu-Ray)
Silent Hill: Revelation (2D DVD)
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (3D Blu-Ray)
Il Generale Della Rovere (Arrow Drome DVD)
Dracula (Double Play)
Subspecies (DVD)
Subspecies II (DVD)
well first thing i had the Subspecies Blu-Rays yesterday, but ordered the DVDs aswell:crazy: which came today, the DVDs are in blue cases which means that all the Grindhouse releases are in red and other releases is in blue accept The Dead Want Woman WHY?
next my Il Generale Della Rovere booklet has pages dropped out:censored::censored::censored:!
lastly the Shout Factory Releases of Halloween II & Halloween III, somebody told me they were Region Free which they aren't (Once Again:censored:), but they do contain reversible sleves containing orginal artwork which was a nice suprise.

trebor8273 20th March 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329171)
Grindhouse Set (Blu-Ray)
Machete (Blu-Ray)
Predators (Blu-Ray)
Dracula (Double Play)
Subspecies (DVD)
Subspecies II (DVD)
well first thing i had the Subspecies Blu-Rays yesterday, but ordered the DVDs aswell:crazy: which came today, the DVDs are in blue cases which means that all the Grindhouse releases are in red and other releases is in blue postman accept The Dead Want Woman WHY?
next my Il Generale Della Rovere booklet has pages dropped out:censored::censored::censored:!
lastly the Shout Factory Releases of Halloween II & Halloween III, somebody told me they were Region Free which they aren't (Once Again:censored:), but they do contain reversible sleves containing orginal artwork which was a nice suprise.

Your poor wallet, what about your postman must be built like Arnie by now;)

PaulD 20th March 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Grindhouse Set (Blu-Ray)
Machete (Blu-Ray)
Predators (Blu-Ray)
Dracula (Double Play)
Subspecies (DVD)
Subspecies II (DVD)
well first thing i had the Subspecies Blu-Rays yesterday, but ordered the DVDs aswell:crazy: which came today, the DVDs are in blue cases which means that all the Grindhouse releases are in red and other releases is in blue accept The Dead Want Woman WHY?

Bloody hell man!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th March 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Why both of these?

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 329174)
Your poor wallet, what about your postman must be built like Arnie by now;)

:pound: I Know, but seriously the poor chap pulled the van outside my house, and seeing him come down the path with boxes/giffi bags up to his chin, it gave me shivers to think about my savings balance after all these.

Justin101 20th March 2013 01:59 PM

Are these 3 Region free?

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 329178)
Why both of these?

I honestly don't know but im very OCD and i already had the first on DVD & Blu-Ray (Bought at seprate times) so i though what the hell i'll get both.

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 329183)
Are these 3 Region free?

They play on my PS3 so i assume they are but im not 100%.

Justin101 20th March 2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329189)
They play on my PS3 so i assume they are but im not 100%.

If they play on Playstation then they will be :) I might have to pick them up - shame I can't get 2 & 3 though. :woot:

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 329197)
If they play on Playstation then they will be :) I might have to pick them up - shame I can't get 2 & 3 though. :woot:

Yep to say i was pissed to find Halloween II & III were Region-Locked would be an understatement:lol:.

PaulD 20th March 2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329207)
Yep to say i was pissed to find Halloween II & III were Region-Locked would be an understatement:lol:.

Best place to check for region coding is either blu-ray.com or just ask someone on here to be honest. Sites like Amazon are unreliable

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 329228)
Best place to check for region coding is either blu-ray.com or just ask someone on here to be honest. Sites like Amazon are unreliable

Thanks Paul i will ask on here next time will NOT be using amazon for region checking in the future:nod:.

trebor8273 20th March 2013 02:37 PM

I wish amazon would get there act together and have separate reviews for DVD, blu ray and different versions of the same film .

Edgeworth 20th March 2013 02:41 PM

http://thehut.pantherssl.com/product...679-510403.jpg

Hawkmonger 20th March 2013 02:56 PM

Ta for that Edgeworth, i'll be getting that myself. :nod:

keirarts 20th March 2013 04:39 PM

HMMMM..... no hammer dracula from sainsburys yet. If its not here by friday then i'll have to follow it up, was planning on watching it today.

Justin101 20th March 2013 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick trip to CEX as I was walking past on my home from work, and got these for £11.00 - I was surprised to see The Pianist for a fiver.

platostotal 20th March 2013 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up ET from a games store for £5, very nice, but the bugger takes an age to get to the start menu.

Delirium 20th March 2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329181)
:pound: I Know, but seriously the poor chap pulled the van outside my house, and seeing him come down the path with boxes/giffi bags up to his chin, it gave me shivers to think about my savings balance after all these.

You live at home and don't pay rent, so don't be coy.

When you leave home and pay rent, then you can pretend to be concerned.

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th March 2013 06:26 PM

Man of Violence is really good. :nod:

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)

Refused 20th March 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329304)
A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.

No need to justify your spending when Metallicbomb is around. :tongue1:

J Harker 20th March 2013 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329181)

Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
Attachment 103997

bdc 20th March 2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 329305)

It is! :nod:

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 329305)

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 329315)
It is! :nod:

Looking forward to seeing both!

and from the Adelphi Collection I forgot to mention The Crowded Day is amazing, I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's a really great film.

bdc 20th March 2013 06:46 PM

Just arrived...last double dip for now...I really like this film and my dvd was all scratched when I got it from a French collector so I needed another one. ;)
It's a rarer mainland China release (with English subs),btw there only exists one dvd release of this one.

Return of the Demon (1987) (Zoke Culture)

http://dv1.us/p1/737/177737-d0.jpg

Delirium 20th March 2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329304)
A few more arrivals.

Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329322)
Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.

Not yet, both are on my list but I haven't seen them quite cheap enough, although I think Duffer would be my next buy as that isn't too bad but Deep End is always quite expensive when I've looked - at the same time I feel like it will never go that cheap and I might just miss out on it!

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 329314)
Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
Attachment 103997

:pound: Sorry to disappoint you but my postman is some skinny young guy but with my orders I'm sure I will have him looking like that by the end of the month:lol:.

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329296)
You live at home and don't pay rent, so don't be coy.

When you leave home and pay rent, then you can pretend to be concerned.

I Understand your point but I was/am hoping to save for a car.

J Harker 20th March 2013 07:56 PM

I do hate discs that take forever to get to thr actual film.

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329338)
:pound: Sorry to disappoint you but my postman is some skinny young guy but with my orders I'm sure I will have him looking like that by the end of the month:lol:.

Maybe you should give him protein bars or shakes to help him bulk up?! ;)

Delirium 20th March 2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329340)
I Understand your point but I was/am hoping to save for a car.

Problems, problems.

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329345)
Maybe you should give him protein bars or shakes to help him bulk up?! ;)

:lol: I'm going shopping tomorrow I might buy him a pack of both, tell him to keep them in his van;).

Delirium 20th March 2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329327)
Not yet, both are on my list but I haven't seen them quite cheap enough, although I think Duffer would be my next buy as that isn't too bad but Deep End is always quite expensive when I've looked - at the same time I feel like it will never go that cheap and I might just miss out on it!

Yeah, they can be quite expensive. I only have a few of the flipside titles, but they're essentials IMO. If you have a FOPP, I'm sure Deep End was £9 or £10 (or thereabouts) last time I was in there (which, granted, was quite a while ago).

Hawkmonger 20th March 2013 09:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
**** what Kentai said! It was £10! If it's cropped, over bright and DNRd to hell then at least it's slightly better than my DVD!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ge._AA300_.jpg
Also:

SilverGunnar Hansen 21st March 2013 09:52 AM

Can anyone tell me if the UK Blu Ray release of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is much of an improvement on the DVD? It's my fave film but not sure I can imagine it being much better on Blu, been proven wrong before but just wondering whether it's worth a double dip . . .

Metallicbomb 21st March 2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329352)
Problems, problems.

What's that mean:confused:.

Metallicbomb 21st March 2013 09:56 AM

Just got back from Sainsbury's
Flash Gordon (Blu-Ray) £5
Dredd 3D (Blu-Ray) £9
Sleep Tight (Sainsbury's Exclusive Blu-Ray) £10
For any fans of Disney check your local store as there is a buy one get one free on Disney DVDs and Blu-Rays:).