Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sam 21st July 2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 353418)
The killer bong films are idiotic but strangely entertaining. I actually have an official full moon Killer Bong model.

Went into the new CEX this morning. Picked up the Dolph Lundgren movie PENTATHALON on Blu-ray for £3. As I went to the counter the member of staff was telling the bloke in front that he couldent trade in the item he had because there was no BBFC certificate. I had a sneaky peak and IT WAS MY F*****G COPY OF TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN. I recognised the little creep, its the local junky (one of them at least) that almost got my ARROW order at XMAS. Looks like the idiot postie probably dropped the package through the wrong door :( Couldent PROVE it was mine so offered the desperate little scumbag a fiver and took it off his hands. As ALLYOURMUSIC refunded me the disc ended up costing just the fiver. After that I went to the local post office and lodged a complaint.

Just read this Keirarts and I don't know whether to feel really aggrieved, on your behalf, that your 'lovely' neighbours have ripped you off or pleased that you ended up with a good deal. Glad you got a bit of a happy ending in any case :)

keirarts 22nd July 2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 353778)
Just read this Keirarts and I don't know whether to feel really aggrieved, on your behalf, that your 'lovely' neighbours have ripped you off or pleased that you ended up with a good deal. Glad you got a bit of a happy ending in any case :)

I'm more mad at the mailman for sticking stuff through the wrong door!

Got my limited edition KILLING OF A CHINESE BOOKIE (WANTED TO SEE THE DOCUMENTARY ON CASSAVETES ON THE THIRD DISC) safely, but i'm worrying about a couple of other things on their way.

keirarts 22nd July 2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353631)
bought this stuff from charity shop all 50p apart from ray Bradbury theater which was £1

Probably a lot of them aren't very good.

Re-animator is the best release imo. Looks amazing.

CHUD is great fun, hopefully its still the full directors cut.

Night of the demons is great as well. The anchor bay release there looks way better than the previous release. Its widescreen and loses a little info at the top and bottom but the trade off is best quality going.

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
People might remember when I posted on Friday that the postman could not post my order for three arrow blu rays i ordered .This is why arrow have made a mistake, I'm sure I didn't buy 2 of each!!! Also received a extra copy of foxy brown steelbook

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353815)
People might remember when I posted on Friday that the postman could not post my order for last three arrow blu rays. This is why arrow have made a mistake, I'm sure I didn't buy 2 of each!!!

Nice one.

As long as you haven't been charged for them you have some good trade items there.

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353818)
Nice one.

As long as you haven't been charged for them you have some good trade items there.

Just checked i haven't , I feel guilty that I should send them back while another part of me the greedy part wants to keep them:decision:

Susan Foreman 22nd July 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353815)
People might remember when I posted on Friday that the postman could not post my order forthree arrow blu rays i ordered .This is why arrow have made a mistake, I'm sure I didn't buy 2 of each!!! Also received a extra copy of foxy brown steelbook

Same thing happened to me

I ordered a copy each of 'Baron Blood' and 'Baise-Moi', and was sent one copy of 'Baron Blood' and two copies of 'Baise-Moi'

Apparently I have not been charged for the duplicated disc, but (being in business), morals dictate that I have to return it to Arrow and not sell it on to someone else to make a personal profit

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 353821)
Same thing happened to me

I ordered a copy each of 'Baron Blood' and 'Baise-Moi', and was sent one copy of 'Baron Blood' and two copies of 'Baise-Moi'

Apparently I have not been charged for the duplicated disc, but (being in business), morals dictate that I have to return it to Arrow and not sell it on to someone else to make a personal profit

But if Arrow don't refund Trebor the postage which will be getting on for £3 then he loses out.

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 11:56 AM

I'm leaning towards sending back if it had say been some place like amazon I would more than likely keep them, but with it being arrow things are a bit different.

I should do a poll at let the forum members decide

Refused 22nd July 2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353828)
I'm leaning towards sending back if it had say been some place like amazon I would more than likely keep them, but with it being arrow themselves it a bit different.

Just drop them an email and let them know the situation. They may just tell you to keep them and thank you for pointing out the mistake so they can rectify it in the future.

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 353830)
Just drop them an email and let them know the situation. They may just tell you to keep them and thank you for pointing out the mistake so they can rectify it in the future.

Sent them a email, well two actually as I put wrong order number on first one:loco:

Susan Foreman 22nd July 2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353825)
But if Arrow don't refund Trebor the postage which will be getting on for £3 then he loses out.

Hopefully morals dictate that Arrow either credit me with that amount, or send me a refund!

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 12:20 PM

Will postage be £3 as there are three normal cases and a steelbook to go back.

Edit

Just got a email back saying they are getting in touch with the dispatching company to contact me with instructions on how to send items back. Even the order slip in box only has one of each movie listed, seems like a error in packing

Susan Foreman 22nd July 2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353840)
Edit

Just got a email back saying they are getting in touch with the dispatching company to contact me with instructions on how to send items back.

As a heads-up, this is what I was sent when I enquired about returning my spare film:

Hi Susan

Thanks for your email.
I'm very sorry to hear about this item being sent to you in error .

I would be grateful if you could print and complete the slip below and
enclose a copy with the item you are returning. If you have your original
delivery note, please include that also. 2nd class post is fine, but please
obtain a certificate of posting which is free.

This should be posted to

ORDER RETURNS
PO BOX 791
HAYWARDS HEATH
RH16 4JD

Kind regards
Nicole
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name.............................................. ......
Postcode ...............................................
Order number. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Order reference . . . . . . . . .
Reason for return (delete as applicable)
DAMAGED ORDERED IN ERROR FAULTY OTHER
Please give details ...................................
.................................................. .....
Please indicate what you would like now (delete as applicable)
REFUND EXCHANGE OTHER................

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 353847)
As a heads-up, this is what I was sent when I enquired about returning my spare film:

Hi Susan

Thanks for your email.
I'm very sorry to hear about this item being sent to you in error .

I would be grateful if you could print and complete the slip below and
enclose a copy with the item you are returning. If you have your original
delivery note, please include that also. 2nd class post is fine, but please
obtain a certificate of posting which is free.

This should be posted to

ORDER RETURNS
PO BOX 791
HAYWARDS HEATH
RH16 4JD

Kind regards
Nicole
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name.............................................. ......
Postcode ...............................................
Order number. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Order reference . . . . . . . . .
Reason for return (delete as applicable)
DAMAGED ORDERED IN ERROR FAULTY OTHER
Please give details ...................................
Please indicate what you would like now (delete as applicable)
REFUND EXCHANGE OTHER................

They should really offered to refund for postage as your being so honest, most people would probably just keep them. I really think for our honesty they should give us a free copy of life force steel books;)

Refused 22nd July 2013 01:38 PM

Email them back and ask them to reimburse you for postage (either the money or a free film if you're feeling cheeky). Legally, you're allowed to keep the extra items -

Quote:

Under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971, (as amended) it is an offence to demand payment for goods known to be unsolicited, in other words, they were sent to a person without any prior request made by them or on their behalf.

Someone who receives goods in these circumstances may retain them as an unconditional gift, and does not have to pay for or return any unwanted goods. Anyone who receives a demand for payment for unsolicited goods should report the matter to their local Trading Standards Department.

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 01:56 PM

Cheers refused have emailed about refunding of any postage fees.

Just ordered these imports from amazon a few gems hidden amongst the movies don't think they'll be not greatest picture quality with amount on movies on each disc.
Horror Collection 1: 8 Movie Pack DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Zach Galligan: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8-Movie Pack Midnight Horror Collection 2 DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: John Patrick Jordan, Shane Dean, Cavin Gray Schneider, Frances Marrington, Tanya McHenry, Amy Paffrath: Film & TV

Here's the reply I've just gotten

Hi Robert

I'm not sure whether the despatching company will be sending you a pre-paid envelope but if not then please obtain a Certificate of Posting from the post office showing postage paid which you can then email to us and we will refund the postage. Please wait for instructions from the despatching company first though.

Kind regards
Laura

Here are a list of the movies on disc I've ordered if people want to say which are good or bad films
Waxwork
976 evil 2
Ghoulies 3
Chud 2
The unholy
Chopping mall
Slaughter high
Class of 1999
Sorrow creek
Below
Prom night
I am omega
Evil bong
Meridian
Demonic toys
Decadent evil
Haunted within
Doll graveyard
Watch me
Fear chamber
Deadfall trail
Zombie dearest
Demonic toys 2
Evil bong 2

demonknight 22nd July 2013 03:04 PM

Grave of the Vampire DVD arrived this morning :)

Nordicdusk 22nd July 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353866)
Cheers refused have emailed about refunding of any postage fees.

Just ordered these imports from amazon a few gems hidden amongst the movies don't think they'll be not greatest picture quality with amount on movies on each disc.
Horror Collection 1: 8 Movie Pack DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Zach Galligan: Film & TV

8-Movie Pack Midnight Horror Collection 1 DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Leslie Nielsen, Mark Dacascos, Jason Flemyng, Zach Galifianakis, Jamie Lee Curtis, Olivia Williams: Film & TV

8-Movie Pack Midnight Horror Collection 2 DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: John Patrick Jordan, Shane Dean, Cavin Gray Schneider, Frances Marrington, Tanya McHenry, Amy Paffrath: Film & TV

Here's the reply I've just gotten

Hi Robert

I'm not sure whether the despatching company will be sending you a pre-paid envelope but if not then please obtain a Certificate of Posting from the post office showing postage paid which you can then email to us and we will refund the postage. Please wait for instructions from the despatching company first though.

Kind regards
Laura

Here are a list of the movies on disc I've ordered if people want to say which are good or bad films
Waxwork
976 evil 2
Ghoulies 3
Chud 2
Chopping mall
Slaughter high
Class of 1999
Sorrow creek
Below
Prom night
I am omega
Evil bong
Meridian
Demonic toys
Decadent evil
Haunted within
Doll graveyard
Watch me
Fear chamber
Deadfall trail
Zombie dearest
Demonic toys 2
Evil bong 2

Class of 1999 and Chopping Mall are great you will have great fun with them.;)

Nordicdusk 22nd July 2013 03:42 PM

The rest of my Arrow order arrived today and Zombie Creeping Flesh.

Arrow stuff is

Baron Blood Blu Ray
Spider Baby Blu Ray
Knightriders Blu Ray
Black Sabbath Blu Ray

Only four more Arrow titles and ill hit the big 50 :happy:

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 353876)
Class of 1999 and Chopping Mall are great you will have great fun with them.;)

Shame it's 976 evil 2 and the far superior 976 evil. For the price I've paid I can't complain if there's a few duff movies

Rondadoronron 22nd July 2013 04:28 PM

hmvee

2 Attachment(s)
Pooped into Hmv and picked these two,I suppose they would of been cheaper online but it was hot and I hate to leave empty handed.

Nordicdusk 22nd July 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353880)
Shame it's 976 evil 2 and the far superior 976 evil. For the price I've paid I can't complain if there's a few duff movies

Every ones collection has a few duds thats the fun of the hunt discovering hidden gems and the off piece of crap as along as you dont break the bank getting them its all good :lol:

trebor8273 22nd July 2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 353886)
Every ones collection has a few duds thats the fun of the hunt discovering hidden gems and the off piece of crap as along as you dont break the bank getting them its all good :lol:

Can't really complain as getting all of those films for about £15 including postage and there's quite of few gems.

Nordicdusk 22nd July 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353888)
Can't really complain as getting all of those films for about £15 including postage and there's quite of few gems.

Your laughing so thats a great deal cant go wrong at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 353891)
Your laughing so thats a great deal cant go wrong at all.

As i recall i liked 976-Evil 2. I got it in a budget pack and its one of the ones i kept.

Might watch it again tonight now. :happy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 06:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A mate gave me these today as he's now upgraded them to BD. Also the steelbook of Hancock, but there isn't a decent image of it. It'll replace my single disc version. :happy:

I'm really pleased with Adele Blanc Sec as i borrowed it a while back and thought it excellent.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353907)
A mate gave me these today as he's now upgraded them to BD. Also the steelbook of Hancock, but there isn't a decent image of it. It'll replace my single disc version. :happy:

I'm really pleased with Adele Blanc Sec as i borrowed it a while back and thought it excellent.

Some really good free DVDs there. It's been quite a while since I saw The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, but I remember enjoying it a great deal.

If you're interested, this is the review I wrote a couple of years ago.
The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec | Film 365

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 353911)
Some really good free DVDs there. It's been quite a while since I saw The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, but I remember enjoying it a great deal.

If you're interested, this is the review I wrote a couple of years ago.
The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec | Film 365

Love the review Nos. Nice one. :thumb:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353916)
Love the review Nos. Nice one. :thumb:

Thanks!

Philosophy of a Knife 22nd July 2013 07:30 PM

I got the Shout Factory science fiction marathon in the post while I was away this weekend. Great to revisit Arena and I'm loving the 80s cheese of America 3000. The Time Guardian looks like it'll be entertaining as well. Glad to upgrade Eliminators from VHS as well as its awesome!

troggi 22nd July 2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353907)

I could do with a mate like that! My mate, the mad artichoke, only gives me crap films! ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 353936)
I could do with a mate like that! My mate, the mad artichoke, only gives me crap films! ;)

Let him win at cards occasionally, it might do the trick. :lol:

troggi 22nd July 2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 353940)
Let him win at cards occasionally, it might do the trick. :lol:

We play cribbage regularly and unfortunately he's a lucky gimp and doesn't need letting! :mmph:

trebor8273 23rd July 2013 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this today to replace the copy that went missing

Prince_Vajda 23rd July 2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 353683)
Picked up tonight in Sainsburgers. 2 for a tenner.
Attachment 114909
I realised the other day that for some reason I've never owned Commando on any format in an official form.
This is however my fourth version of Predator.

I gave you a "like" for the two (fantastic) films, although you picked the wrong Predator Blu-ray! :coolblue:

troggi 23rd July 2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353995)
Got this today to replace the copy that went missing

I remember "The Flash" it was on the SC-Fi Channel a few years ago. It was a great series but the guy in the Flash costume looked too stocky for the role :)

trebor8273 23rd July 2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 354008)
I remember "The Flash" it was on the SC-Fi Channel a few years ago. It was a great series but the guy in the Flash costume looked too stocky for the role :)

It was a great show and reminded me a lot of the tim burton batman movies partly because elfman did the theme music. Sadly another show that only last one season. Mark hamill was brilliant as the trickster really a early version of his joker, amazing special effects for a tv show of its day but the cost and poor ratings seem to be why it got canceled. For me a lot better than Louis and Clark

We even have the legend that is Tim Thomerson playing his older brother in the pilot what's not to like.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd July 2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 354016)
It was a great show and reminded me a lot of the tim burton batman movies partly because elfman did the theme music. Sadly another show that only last one season. Mark hamill was brilliant as the trickster really a early version of his joker, amazing special effects for a tv show of its day but the cost and poor ratings seem to be why it got canceled. For me a lot better than Louis and Clark

We even have the legend that is Tim Thomerson playing his older brother in the pilot what's not to like.

I was just going to mention Thomerson in the the pilot. And if I remember, the producers/writers of the show, Danny Bilson & Paul De Meo were the writers of Trancers and Zone Troopers, both starring Thomerson.

trebor8273 23rd July 2013 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 354020)
I was just going to mention Thomerson in the the pilot. And if I remember, the producers/writers of the show, Danny Bilson & Paul De Meo were the writers of Trancers and Zone Troopers, both starring Thomerson.

Zone troopers years since I've seen it will have to see if I can get it on DVD

Got home and this waiting for me, so that's everything I've ordered from arrow sale has turned up