Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vipco 5th January 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 56390)
Another purchase then....:rolleyes:

I finished watching Arrow's DAWN OF THE DEAD on BR last night,and the job really is sterling!:cool:

If you have a 'dynamic' picture setting on your telly,I recommend using this.A bit bright normally for most films,but perfect for DAWN!
Just watch those funky '70's purples and greens in the mall scenes jump out,and the old blood with that 'melted red crayon' look.
Bloody brilliant!:coolblue:

Yeah, I watched it on the brighter 'Games' setting and I think your spot on there Reap's.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 11:16 AM

I've never watched anything with the dynamic setting,Just found it too bright,I've always had it set at cinema but after these last couple of posts I think I'll have to pop Dawn on and see how it looks.

nekromantik 6th January 2010 11:37 AM

My TV has a THX cinema setting which is meant to be calibrated by THX and its quite dark so is meant to be seen in a dark room. Looks pretty good.

Paul@TheOverlook 6th January 2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 56458)
Not horror but now quite cheap is the Sex in the City Extended BluRay version.

Great film and a lovely looking print.

Hang your head in shame.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 56523)
Hang your head in shame.

:tongue1: I guess I'd better hang my head too :D

42nd street 6th January 2010 05:44 PM

Arrived today was my ebay purchase of Cut n Run i never saw this on video in the 80s,so when i get to watch this it will be a treat.
and also bought in a charity shop today HellNight,this 80s horror flick is another i havent ever seen,but just have the posters for,its a prism dvd release so not holding out much hope for it but for £1.50 mushnt grumble.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just bagged myself one of these.....:bowl::roll:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 09:30 PM

WOW! I'm luving that artwork there Reaps! Simply incredible! :faint:

vincenzo 6th January 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42nd street (Post 56592)
also bought in a charity shop today HellNight,this 80s horror flick is another i havent ever seen,but just have the posters for,its a prism dvd release so not holding out much hope for it but for £1.50 mushnt grumble.

Not a bad print for a Prism release. Previous cut restored and with an entertaining Linda Blair commentary too. The cover is atrocious but it's a nice addition by any standards. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 10:23 PM

I've had the ABUS release of HELL NIGHT since it was released and still never got round to watching it.....:rolleyes: