Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 25th June 2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 160687)
Sounds quite good, may as well borrow from the best.:lol:

lol.

It would explain why it's never been released in the UK or US (as far as I know anyway).

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 160688)
lol.

It would explain why it's never been released in the UK or US (as far as I know anyway).

Lucas would be on the case like a dobermann sniffing your groin.

Pete 26th June 2011 01:51 AM

So I watched the rest of the CROSS OF IRON blu and **** me did it look amazing! Optimum deserve applause for such a fantastic release. I doubt it's ever looked as good as it does here - it's a billion times better than any version I've seen before. Seriously, I can't heap enough praise on this blu-ray, it's absolutely stunning. Well done Optimum.:clap::clap:

Prince_Vajda 26th June 2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 160570)
Me three!

This is what I bought in the Eureka sale:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...65/Eureka2.jpg

Paranoiac!: Oliver Reed going bananas - priceless performance.

Prince Valiant: one of the first movies I ever saw in my life - and I still love it!

Greetings!

platostotal 26th June 2011 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you're feeling a bit culted-out:lol:. May I recommend the Blu of BBC's Planet Earth, some of it looks supreme. And don't forget to check the bonus disc, the Snow Leopard scenes are Fab. Seen it as low as 14.99 for 5 discs.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th June 2011 12:29 PM

Planet Earth is a title I've had in mind for almost as long as I've had a Blu-ray player and, at that price, it seems a phenomenal bargain as it would be perfect viewing for when I don't have time to watch a film or just before I go to sleep.

BAKA 26th June 2011 01:46 PM

I'm quite tempted by some of Eureka's DVD offers, but I'm apprehensive picking some up incase they come to Blu -_-;;. The likes of Onibaba and Kuroneko seem too good to pass up for £6.50.

oaxaca 26th June 2011 03:06 PM

I watched THE NESTING BD the other night and thought it was an excellent haunted house story. It's perhaps not as well executed a film as THE CHANGELING and definitely a step down from the more refined THE HAUNTING (original of course!). But despite that I thought the house itself and the grounds were really the perfect setting for this sort of film and Robin Groves gave a great leading performance, whilst John Carradine was also effective. It was also Gloria Grahame's (the famous 40s/50s hollywood actress) last non-TV movie.

As for the transfer....Immaculate and very detailed :D Blue underground have done another excellent job!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th June 2011 03:08 PM

Thanks for the mini review oaxaca. I'm really looking forward to my copy arriving.

oaxaca 26th June 2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 160798)
Thanks for the mini review oaxaca. I'm really looking forward to my copy arriving.

No worries. It was a really enjoyable film to watch; right up my street. Although dvdtalk.com's reviewer held slightly different opinions to me... lol!

"The Nesting plods along at a glacial pace, briefly sputtering to life during the supernatural attacks before settling back into a wholly uninvolving mystery with wholly uninvolving characters. There's no trace of tension or suspense. The movie clocks in at 103 minutes but creeps along so slowly that it feels like it's running a half hour longer than that. The ending just left me shaking my head."

I hope BU release more films like it. They seem to put a lot of time and effort into their blu ray releases and unearth some brilliant films, quite a few of which - like this one - I've never heard of before.