Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 26th July 2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168770)
Nice one.

I was in a Morris Dancing team in junior school, we performed at harvest festivals every year.It was good fun.

I do come from the Pendle Witch area after all.

There's a pub near me in the village of Barley called the Barley Mow. Barley Mow Restaurant | Burnley Lancashire

Cool. We had a May Pole at my infant school and at junior school I was in the school country/folk dance team.

I have a mighty fine looking witch doll looking at me from "Witches Galore" from your neck of the woods as I type.:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 168772)
Cool. We had a May Pole at my infant school and at junior school I was in the school country/folk dance team.

I have a mighty fine looking witch doll looking at me from "Witches Galore" from your neck of the woods as I type.:)

Do you have a pic of it?

When i was about 14 i was in Witches Galore looking round, taking notice of the excellent life size witch mannequin sat on a chair in the corner. Out of the corner of my eye said dummy stood up. :eek:

I absolutely :censored: my pants and ran out the door, bloody terrified i was. I ran right across the road, its a small village but i could easily have been hit by a car. Never went near the place for about 15 years. :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 26th July 2011 10:21 PM

I'll gather up a few witchy things I have and a post a pic of them all later in the week.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 168779)
I'll gather up a few witchy things I have and a post a pic of them all later in the week.

Sounds intriguing. :nod:

Looking forward to seeing them, MTDS.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 168793)
Sounds intriguing. :nod:

Looking forward to seeing them, MTDS.

Ditto. You don't have a full-sized Wicker Man in the garden, do you?!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 09:45 AM

I've just been on a spending spree on the Barnes & Noble website, with an order of nearly $330. Fortunately, my uncle is over there in September so will be a lot to bring all these back to the UK.

DVD:
Hiroshima mon amour
Night and Fog
La Strada
M. Hulot's Holiday
Viridiana

Blu-ray:
Beauty and the Beast (La Belle et la BĂȘte)
Solaris
Days of Heaven
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Thin Red Line
Walkabout
Paris, Texas
The Seventh Seal
The 400 Blows
8 1/2
Kes
Yojimbo
Wings of Desire

I figure that's my 'highbrow' quota for the year now complete, so I needn't feel guilty about watching some low budget trash!

sawyer6 27th July 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168803)
I've just been on a spending spree on the Barnes & Noble website, with an order of nearly $330. Fortunately, my uncle is over there in September so will be a lot to bring all these back to the UK.

DVD:
Hiroshima mon amour
Night and Fog
La Strada
M. Hulot's Holiday
Viridiana

Blu-ray:
Beauty and the Beast (La Belle et la BĂȘte)
Solaris
Days of Heaven
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Thin Red Line
Walkabout
Paris, Texas
The Seventh Seal
The 400 Blows
8 1/2
Kes
Yojimbo
Wings of Desire

I figure that's my 'highbrow' quota for the year now complete, so I needn't feel guilty about watching some low budget trash!

Really good buy.:clap: I recently bought Apocalypse Now on blu-ray,highly recommended

bdc 27th July 2011 11:17 AM

Received the first one of my next batch CR-related releases... :)

Quadroon (1972) (Saturn)

http://c.dv1.us/p1/839/142839-d2.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 11:32 AM

Fantastic haul, Nos. :cool:

I'm rapidly falling behind in my Criterion purchasing (too much budget trash to buy!), so may have to remedy that very soon!

sawyer6 27th July 2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 168821)
Fantastic haul, Nos. :cool:

I'm rapidly falling behind in my Criterion purchasing (too much budget trash to buy!), so may have to remedy that very soon!

Had the same problem with masters of cinema.Now that my collection is almost complete i 'll devote ,myself to arrow and shameless