Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:12 PM

I said it wouldn't be long, and it wasn't. I've just pre-ordered The Killing along with if.... and also ordered the collector's edition of Hobo with a Shotgun and the Criterion Blu-ray of Paths of Glory.

All these will be brought back by my uncle when he goes to the States in September, so there should be over 20 discs coming back with him, so I'll have to begin making space in August!

Baseball Fury 27th July 2011 06:19 PM

I really hope that The Killing and Paths of Glory get UK releases, I can't justify £400 on a multiregion player, and I don't have a PC tower to slap a drive in :( :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:24 PM

I'm extremely glad I bought my £80 region hackable Blu-ray player when I did and they should be available for cheaper than that now. If it's the price of three or four BDs, I think it's worth it as a long-term investment which means you can buy even more BDs!

Baseball Fury 27th July 2011 06:26 PM

What model have you got?

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 27th July 2011 06:35 PM

Those Bava sets are why the Gods created DVD players. If only they were BluRay sets. The wife is upset because she has been falling asleep during everyone of those films, in her defense she has started a new job lately. I have been watching The Girl Who Knew Too Much on repeat lately and it is becoming my favorite Bava film. I'm going to do new artwork for all the covers for the two box sets. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:38 PM

It's a Maidston MD-BR-2102 which was recommended to me by Stephen and I bought it from HMV.com for £80. One of the best electronic purchases I've made in recent years.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168889)
I said it wouldn't be long, and it wasn't. I've just pre-ordered The Killing along with if.... and also ordered the collector's edition of Hobo with a Shotgun and the Criterion Blu-ray of Paths of Glory.

I'm beginning to think that I'm a bad influence over you, Nos!

I was going to share my Blu-ray wishlist with you, but I now fear that your bank account could explode! :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 168905)
Those Bava sets are why the Gods created DVD players. If only they were BluRay sets. The wife is upset because she has been falling asleep during everyone of those films, in her defense she has started a new job lately. I have been watching The Girl Who Knew Too Much on repeat lately and it is becoming my favorite Bava film. I'm going to do new artwork for all the covers for the two box sets. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Go ahead Vic, make my day.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 168911)
I'm beginning to think that I'm a bad influence over you, Nos!

I was going to share my Blu-ray wishlist with you, but I now fear that your bank account could explode! :lol:

Everyone who suggests or recommends a DVD on BD is a bad influence over me, and I don't think my bank account could explode -- it would more likely shrivel up and die!

platostotal 27th July 2011 07:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Went in to HMV with the intention of buying 'Akira' Blu, but it was £21.99, so picked up these 3 for the grand sum of £20(I always baulk at paying £20 or over for 1 blu when I can grab 2/3 good flicks like this:)). And yes, Cageaphobics should be warned he is in full-on Elvis mode in 'WAH':lol: but Laura makes up for that. Gave em a quick spin and 'Bullitt' really stands out(tho the night scenes are indeed blackist of black, daylight however... oh yes!)