Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hugh 7th September 2011 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This has just turned up and it's my sad duty to report that it's the same old R-rated print we've been stuck with all these years. :(

Bare bones too. Not even a trailer. Poor show Universal of Australia (was hopeful Universal might have a different print than Sony/Columbia Tristar, but alas, no).

But it was cheap though. Cost £11.90 shipped from down under.

Looks and sounds nice (True-HD 2.0 only). I'll give it a proper spin at the weekend.

Ah, well. Let's see if the UK version is any better.

Edit : But it is region free, so our American friends can pick this up.

James Morton 7th September 2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 179517)
Yeah, but it seems that a lot of sellers on amazon are posting the unsubbed one as the subbed one. I kept it anyway, it will do until someone releases a proper disc state side or Arrow does.

Also pre ordered his The Last Circus on BluRay
along with TORSO BluRay, and Criterions Blu of Island of lost souls.

I looked on ebay earlier and there is a South Korean dvd of DAY OF THE BEAST - Spanish land/Eng subs/widescreen

sawyer6 7th September 2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 179482)
Just picked up this DVD from HMV for £7(nice bargain from HMV, that's more like it) had a quick skim. Optimum's p.q. is OK, just don't expect Shameless style p.q. their both 1:78 full screen, but for £3.50 each was a no-brainer for me.

I'm interested in them too.Any extras ?

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 7th September 2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 179520)
I looked on ebay earlier and there is a South Korean dvd of DAY OF THE BEAST - Spanish land/Eng subs/widescreen

Nice find. Thanks. Might have to wait a while though, the wife would kill me if I double dipped so soon. Plus she told me to send the other one back before I opened it. Oh well, she owes me a big "I told you so!".

Rik 7th September 2011 07:28 PM

Another Shameless bargain, Phantom of death for £3.50 from CEX, I'm sure I promised myself that I wouldn't collect them all :doh:

platostotal 7th September 2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 179521)
I'm interested in them too.Any extras ?

Nope, bare bones for that price.

sawyer6 7th September 2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179541)
Another Shameless bargain, Phantom of death for £3.50 from CEX, I'm sure I promised myself that I wouldn't collect them all :doh:

You can't do that you MUST keep collecting them, I command you:cool:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th September 2011 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info, Hugh -- that's one to avoid and, like you say, I hope the UK release is much better.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th September 2011 08:48 PM

Don't Torture a Duckling (Shameless) arrived today along with the Blue Underground BD of Deep Red. It'll be interesting to compare that to the Arrow Video release.

Paul@TheOverlook 7th September 2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179560)
[B]...along with the Blue Underground BD of Deep Red. It'll be interesting to compare that to the Arrow Video release.

There is no comparison as far as the a/v quality goes. The BU disc looks and sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk