Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 27th August 2011 11:06 PM

Bought

Dust never heard of it but only cost a £1 any i seen this and whats it like any good ?
Romeo must die 50p
fist of fury 2 50p

platostotal 27th August 2011 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 177228)
What? What's the 2nd dics then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Older titles did have a hi-res mp4 copy, but newer releases just have a band on the back of the slipcase showing how to log on and download a copy(which is time limited i.e. "expires on 1/1/2012") 2nd disc might be special features or a dvd version. My INCEPTION is a 3 disc set 1 Blu 2 dvd 3 special features. Older release is below with a band at the bottom, copy included, mine has the band 3/4 up the case with info on download. So...croc.

platostotal 27th August 2011 11:38 PM

Ahhh... But just noticed INCEPTION is WB release and BLUES BROS is a Universal, so might be different(my comments are on WB copies)

Pete 28th August 2011 01:02 AM

Just watched DARK CITY and it was friggin' superb! One of the best films I've seen in ages.

sawyer6 28th August 2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 177271)
Just watched DARK CITY and it was friggin' superb! One of the best films I've seen in ages.

A really good piece of sci-fi

mark meakin 28th August 2011 11:00 AM

Bought :-
RED HILL (Looks like a decent Aussie thriller)
MACHETE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th August 2011 11:06 AM

As mentioned in the Blu-Ray Bargains thread, Super BD from Asda for £7.

pedromonkey 28th August 2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 177305)
Bought :-
RED HILL (Looks like a decent Aussie thriller)
MACHETE

i though Red Hill was brilliant. Good choice there mark.

Daemonia 28th August 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 177198)
Recieved my Blues Brothers disc this morning, and just as I'm beginning to mellow to Irish certificates plastered all over our covers, something else starts to piss me off! :lol: Universal needlessy reminding us that a digital copy is included. Not only is it plastered all over the slipcover, but they felt the need to put it on the artwork in the case as well. Oh, and tell us on the back of said covers that there's a digital copy included too! As they say up here..... EEJITS! The saving grace is that the artwork is better than the rest of the globe.

I really don't get this whole 'bonus digital copy' thing. When I picked up the UK release of the original Friday the 13th it came with a code to download a free 'digital copy'. No offense, but I've just bought the film on a disc in glorious high definition, why the **** would I want to download a rather crap and compressed avi/mp4/mpeg file? Utterly pointless.

platostotal 28th August 2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 177319)
I really don't get this whole 'bonus digital copy' thing. When I picked up the UK release of the original Friday the 13th it came with a code to download a free 'digital copy'. No offense, but I've just bought the film on a disc in glorious high definition, why the **** would I want to download a rather crap and compressed avi/mp4/mpeg file? Utterly pointless.

Exactly, the initial idea of giving a copy for mobile use (phones/ipods etc.) I could see, if it was included in the package. But WTF is the piont of downloading a big(read somewhere that a punter went thru all the gubbins and the pop-up said it was a 965meg WMV file:lol: nice waste of bandwidth:lol:) and imagine the DRM hassle(CP will be in full effect) as Daemonia eloquently said "pointless" indeed.