Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 9th September 2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 179841)
Do let us know, please. I've been looking around at a couple of forums and I can't see anyone that has confirmed this yet.

Just checked and the Maria double bill covers are not reversible it seems (like I expected) but Haunted and Mardi Gras Massacre have nothing on the reverse either...a bit disappointed by this to be honest.

Baseball Fury 9th September 2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 179846)
Just back from Glasgow, where I picked up the Scarface steelbook. Still a little annoyed that it doesn't include a dvd of the original film like the US steelbook. And while the artwork is ok, how cool would a steelbook with the black & white poster art been? VERY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although strangely, the PiP thingy on it includes comparison scenes from the original that run alongside the newer film (according to the DVDOutsider review anyway).

Maybe it's on there as an Easter Egg? :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 179868)
Although strangely, the PiP thingy on it includes comparison scenes from the original that run alongside the newer film (according to the DVDOutsider review anyway).

Maybe it's on there as an Easter Egg? :lol:

They could have easily ditched the pointless digital copy and put the original in there.

Baseball Fury 9th September 2011 04:27 PM

I agree, digital copies are such a massive waste of time. If I really want a film that I've already paid for on my phone, then I'll just download it from "the site that shall not be named". Waste of manufacturing processes, waste of time and well, just sh*t really.

And don't get me started on combo editions. "Watch it in two formats!" And why would I want to do that?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 04:59 PM

Oh no,so we have to put up with Maria?:(

I sold my Region 3 Mardi as well! :rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 179846)
Just back from Glasgow, where I picked up the Scarface steelbook. Still a little annoyed that it doesn't include a dvd of the original film like the US steelbook. And while the artwork is ok, how cool would a steelbook with the black & white poster art been? VERY!

Without a doubt mate.
It's ****ing ICONIC.:mmph:

This WILL no doubt appear in the future in a DEF JAM DIRECTOR'S ORIGINAL PRODUCER'S PREFFERED UNSUPER CUT EDITION with the original artwork,which I'll need to pick up.:nod:

I've looked at all other countries releases and none of them have the original artwork.:(

dis 9th September 2011 05:31 PM

Hi all.
Have just got
Hatchet 2
Easter bunny,kill kill
Dead mans hand
Ice cream man
The last two were from £land.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 05:32 PM

Anyway.
I watched the U.S. BD of DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE last nigh,and it was fantastic.
My favourite of the series!:bolt::behindsofa:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 05:51 PM

Dead Man's Hand isn't too bad really, i picked mine up from Poundland a few years ago in their Halloween dvd special.

Tell us what you think of Easter Bunny Kill Kill on the "What films have you seen" thread. Heard good things about it.

napalm-in-the-morning 9th September 2011 05:56 PM

Just found a cheap AB copy of Fulci's Zombie. What a terrible picture and an even worse commentary track! Surely this classic deserves a better version from someone like Arrow. In this post Saw world I imagine it would sail through the BBFC uncut.