Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 443308)
Bad news is I'm back at work, the good news is so is the postman - he does do a more worthwhile job!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E...415_edited.jpg

Where did you pick up In The Realm Of The Senses from ?

SharonLynette 7th April 2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443309)

Amazon, I think....hold on......sorry, yes, Amazon, at after 2 in the morning the other day. I was watching Sex and the Silver Screen, again..

Make Them Die Slowly 7th April 2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443309)

I broke art cinema etiquette during a screening of this when I burst out laughing at the scene with the egg. The hipsters and pervs all gave me serious Paddington type stares.

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 443311)
Amazon, I think....hold on......sorry, yes, Amazon, at after 2 in the morning the other day. I was watching Sex and the Silver Screen, again..

Cheers Sharon.

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 443317)
I broke art cinema etiquette during a screening of this when I burst out laughing at the scene with the egg. The hipsters and pervs all gave me serious Paddington type stares.

:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th April 2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

I'm not entirely sure that's what Michael Bond had in mind when he described Paddington's way of conveying displeasure!

Make Them Die Slowly 7th April 2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443337)
I'm not entirely sure that's what Michael Bond had in mind when he described Paddington's way of conveying displeasure!

Displeasure, it put me off my stroke!

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 443340)
Displeasure, it put me off my stroke!

Would of taught a life size furry bear may enhance the experience :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 7th April 2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443342)
Would of taught a life size furry bear may enhance the experience :lol:

Are you referring to yourself?:shocked:

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 443343)
Are you referring to yourself?:shocked:

https://debrisland.files.wordpress.c...arty-guest.jpg

J Harker 7th April 2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443275)
Really not just a case of putting in a code and you're good to go.

Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough. I managed to get one set up. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Took me all night to get the bloody thing working. Tried a few times since and can't seem to get them working. I don't understand why they don't just give you a downloadable file.

Nordicdusk 7th April 2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443348)
Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough. I managed to get one set up. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Took me all night to get the bloody thing working. Tried a few times since and can't seem to get them working. I don't understand why they don't just give you a downloadable file.

I have never tried to use one but sounds like too much trouble to me.

SharonLynette 7th April 2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

You could have been doing something a lot worse!

Like unwrapping and eating sweets.

Make Them Die Slowly 7th April 2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 443356)
You could have been doing something a lot worse!

Like unwrapping and eating sweets.

It would have been a lynching.

Vipp 7th April 2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443274)
Is this stuff from the sale Vipp?
Wondering where the heck my stuff is!

They are from the sale mate, If i hadnt got them today i would have contacted Arrow to ask about them to be fair, it has taken an age even including that bloody easter holiday nonsense.

J Harker 7th April 2015 09:55 PM

Yeah i would have thought even with the bank holidays they would have got stuff here by now.

platostotal 7th April 2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443348)

The only time I tried one of those I had to go online with a code and when I entered the code a message came back "the download will begin shortly and is a .WMV file at 997meg, it may take some time to complete the download"(no s**t:lol:) better off to just rip the dvd and convert it for mobile use. Just seems a sales gimmick to me. The newer ones as JH says seem to have the file on the disc itself and is still a pain in the arse.

fuzzymctiger 8th April 2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443365)
Yeah i would have thought even with the bank holidays they would have got stuff here by now.

My stuff hasn't even shipped yet! I ordered on the 29th. Should I send an email?

Jinx_Barkman 8th April 2015 07:33 AM

My latest arrivals.

http://images.static-bluray.com/movi...3118_large.jpghttp://images3.static-bluray.com/mov...9612_large.jpg
http://images2.static-bluray.com/mov...0559_large.jpghttp://images.static-bluray.com/movi...8391_large.jpg

J Harker 8th April 2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 443388)
My stuff hasn't even shipped yet! I ordered on the 29th. Should I send an email?

What are you waiting on Fuzz? I ordered Rabid Dogs and The Girl Who Knew Too Much which haven't shipped yet because there not in stock.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Check whether the stuff you ordered has 'stock on order' on the item description page or not, as that will mean that they are awaiting stock to come in to fulfil your order.

I placed two orders, one which shipped and that I received yesterday and another that is still pending due to both items being on order.

Vipp 8th April 2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 443403)
Check whether the stuff you ordered has 'stock on order' on the item description page or not, as that will mean that they are awaiting stock to come in to fulfil your order.

I placed two orders, one which shipped and that I received yesterday and another that is still pending due to both items being on order.

I will say that i say the Arrow sale on twitter as it went live and got my order in about 20 mins after the sale went live, i imagine that's why i got my order when i did. the first sale i took part in took my order weeks to be in stock and get to me, but they did send it in parts which helped. :)

I plan to watch night of the hunter at the weekend with the other half, i noticed he has love hate on his knuckles which makes me wonder if this film inspired 'Bernice' the priest in the League of Gentlemen? I can;t wait to watch the film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

It wouldn't hurt.

I received The Incredible Melting Man and The Visitor today, which I bought in the sale.

Susan Foreman 8th April 2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 443405)
I plan to watch night of the hunter at the weekend with the other half, i noticed he has love hate on his knuckles which makes me wonder if this film inspired 'Bernice' the priest in the League of Gentlemen? I can;t wait to watch the film.

Very likely

There are a lot of gothic horror film references in 'The League Of Gentlemen' television show

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 160708

Finally arrived :woot:

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 03:40 PM

As this is my first Criterion I was interested to see what special features were like. Just scanning over the back of the box pretty excited. Round table discussion with Cronenberg Carpenter and Landis and the commentary with Debbie Harry and James Woods will be the first inline. The booklet is also awesome full of great pictures. Hopes are high for when my Scanners Criterion arrives now .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 443452)
Very likely

There are a lot of gothic horror film references in 'The League Of Gentlemen' television show

They are massive horror fans, just look at Mark Gatiss and his TV shows, and the commentaries they have done for films including Theatre of Blood and Blood on Satan's Claw. I'm pretty sure each member of the 'League' is highly knowledgeable and passionate about horror, and has been for many years.

Crimson Blade 8th April 2015 05:10 PM

Latest purchase..

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/resized/b028f82f9e9a.jpg

Vipp 8th April 2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443457)
They are massive horror fans, just look at Mark Gatiss and his TV shows, and the commentaries they have done for films including Theatre of Blood and Blood on Satan's Claw. I'm pretty sure each member of the 'League' is highly knowledgeable and passionate about horror, and has been for many years.

I think that's why i have been a fan of thiers for so many years, I often find they do some fantastic horror related work alongside thier usual stuff. i even listen to Mark Gatiss the man in black horror audio stories at night before bed, he only introduces the stories but it's great.

SharonLynette 8th April 2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443402)
What are you waiting on Fuzz? I ordered Rabid Dogs and The Girl Who Knew Too Much which haven't shipped yet because there not in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 443403)

Strangely The Girl Who Knew Too Much is showing as being in stock but I'm still waiting for an order that also contains this title so I'm wondering if the issue lies there or if this is pure coincidence?! All my items are showing as being in stock though...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 443478)
Strangely The Girl Who Knew Too Much is showing as being in stock but I'm still waiting for an order that also contains this title so I'm wondering if the issue lies there or if this is pure coincidence?! All my items are showing as being in stock though...

I think they only got stock in/updated their online inventory today, as the two titles I'm waiting on are also now showing as in stock. Hopefully they are in the process of fulfilling all the back orders and we'll get our dispatch e-mails soon!

Vipp 8th April 2015 07:57 PM

I will be interested to see what the members here (whom own the incredible melting man) think of the commentary and interviews... Arrow did a great job on this set but i found the director and the interviews were all a little off? listening to each of them talk about the film was almost like the folks at arrow had asked them which one of them had farted in the office and they were trying thier best to blame the smell on each other? that's a good analogy i think. i was a little upset to hear some of the comments. i like the movie even if it isn't contender for an oscar. The transfer is still superb (to my eyes and ears) so it was well worth the £7 i paid.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 443485)
I will be interested to see what the members here (whom own the incredible melting man) think of the commentary and interviews... Arrow did a great job on this set but i found the director and the interviews were all a little off? listening to each of them talk about the film was almost like the folks at arrow had asked them which one of them had farted in the office and they were trying thier best to blame the smell on each other? that's a good analogy i think. i was a little upset to hear some of the comments. i like the movie even if it isn't contender for an oscar. The transfer is still superb (to my eyes and ears) so it was well worth the £7 i paid.

I've just finished watching it and thought the AV quality was terrific. I'll probably listen to the commentary and the interviews tomorrow or Thursday, so will let you know if I concur with your opinion by the weekend.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 08:28 PM

The extras on Arrow's Incredible Melting Man were licensed from Shout Factory, so blame them. :)

Vipp 8th April 2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443487)
I've just finished watching it and thought the AV quality was terrific. I'll probably listen to the commentary and the interviews tomorrow or Thursday, so will let you know if I concur with your opinion by the weekend.

Thanks Nos, Over all it's a great set of extras but that slight hint of shame they seem to have when referring to the film is just slightly off putting.

demonknight 8th April 2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443454)
As this is my first Criterion I was interested to see what special features were like. Just scanning over the back of the box pretty excited. Round table discussion with Cronenberg Carpenter and Landis and the commentary with Debbie Harry and James Woods will be the first inline. The booklet is also awesome full of great pictures. Hopes are high for when my Scanners Criterion arrives now .

That discussion involving Carpenter, Landis, Cronenberg and Garris, is really good.

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 443519)
That discussion involving Carpenter, Landis, Cronenberg and Garris, is really good.

It sure is I watched it earlier before I had to head out for the evening its a shame it was not a bit longer.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2015 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A delivery today from D&T Mailorder in Austria.

Attachment 160781

demonknight 9th April 2015 11:50 AM

Blood Diner on Blu from Amazon in Germany.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2015 12:09 PM

Night Train Murders from the HMV in Darlington (they had two copies).