Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2014, 05:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Batman Returns as the sequel to Batman
The Dark Knight Rises as the sequel to The Dark Knight

Both are superior to their predecessors.
InDogWeTrust and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th May 2014, 05:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Having watched Quatermass 2 again tonight, I can say that it certainly qualifies here. Whilst I do enjoy the original Quatermass film, I slightly prefer the '57 sequel which ups the budget and the action, plus benefits from the fact that Kneale was allowed some creative control over his own work in this one.
Totally agree. It also helps that they got to film in the power plant as well.
Old 6th May 2014, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A few of the top of my head

Aliens
Batman returns
Superman 2
Empire strikes back
Wrath of khan
Back to the future 3
Captain America the winter solider
Friday the 13th the final chapter
Day of the dead
Thor the dark world
Old 7th May 2014, 12:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Batman Returns as the sequel to Batman
The Dark Knight Rises as the sequel to The Dark Knight

Both are superior to their predecessors.
I prefer Batman to Batman returns. But you're for sure right on Dark Knight!
In my opinion, Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins then Dark Knight Rises is better than Dark Knight!
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 7th May 2014, 01:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I know a lot of people are going to probably think I'm an idiot and maybe give me shit for this but Predator 2 is better than the first Predator!!

I don't know why but I just love that sequel more than the original. It's so goofy and over the top! We see the alien in a whole new atmosphere. It reminds me of those goofy 80's horror films set in the city. Like when they brought Jason Vorhees to the big city. That and at the same time it's kind of like a bit of a buddy cop film. It's almost like Friday The 13th part 8 meets Lethal Weapon. I just dig it!
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 7th May 2014, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
I know a lot of people are going to probably think I'm an idiot and maybe give me shit for this but Predator 2 is better than the first Predator!!

I don't know why but I just love that sequel more than the original. It's so goofy and over the top! We see the alien in a whole new atmosphere. It reminds me of those goofy 80's horror films set in the city. Like when they brought Jason Vorhees to the big city. That and at the same time it's kind of like a bit of a buddy cop film. It's almost like Friday The 13th part 8 meets Lethal Weapon. I just dig it!
I don't think Predator 2 is better than the original, but it is still an excellent film, and the points you make are among the main reasons why.
Old 7th May 2014, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

I am with you on this one, the second one is far better than the first.
Old 7th May 2014, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I prefer Batman to Batman returns. But you're for sure right on Dark Knight!
In my opinion, Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins then Dark Knight Rises is better than Dark Knight!
I despise Batman Begins, love The Dark Knight and praise The Dark Knight Rises.
Old 7th May 2014, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
I despise Batman Begins.

Why?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2014, 07:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

I saw them both when I was 9: My first 18 rated movies. Due to the quality of both of them and nostalgia, I find them equal. When I'm in the mood for an Arnie movie, its the first I watch. Then whenever I want to see havoc ensue in The Big Apple, watching the Predator paint the city red is my prefered choice.

Predator 3 (f$%$ Predators) was a bit of a let down. See I had an obsession with all these movies due to AVP and after Predator 2, I couldn't wait for 3. I actually remember writing a story about a wild west sequel when I was 10 or so in my after-school club! Then when it finally came out, I snuck into the cinema and expected to be blown away. I liked it... But only on an average level. I felt it copied the original to much and I had a MASSIVE fan-boy rage when they completely wrote out the events of Predator 2 and the two AVP movies (And yes, I love AVP... Along with the sequel).

I lie in wait for a great Predator 4 and the explosive return of Arnie or Danny!

Like this? Share it using the links below!