Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I still go to the cinema if they are playing something that I really want to see.
Which is almost never nowadays...Halloween Night got cancelled here...Green Inferno was supposed to play...but there's several Ladies Nights to go to instead lol.
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Tis the nature of things, the money that those generic CGI blockbusters make mean we get bombarded with em on an almost daily basis, some of course are pretty damn good i.e. The Dark Knight or Star Trek, but when I can buy even a BD now for the price of a cinema ticket I'm afraid the multi-plexes can do without my money and rely on the youngsters ££ at the box office (with their mobile bloody phones going off)as for me, I still get a kick on a rainy dingy Sunday afternoon putting on a cracking film sitting back and having a great couple of hours, and as long as you enjoy it fine by me, the rest is all secondary.
Old 23rd September 2015, 04:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Very rare anything interest me to cinema nowadays, last film i saw was....????

ERM think think think got it . RAID 2

Next will be new star wars, the raid 3.

Use to go with ex wife on orange Wednesday when was buy one get on free.
But they conned people by putting prices on a Wednesday dearer so we stopped going.
Prime eg of greed and money grabbing.

Last edited by gag; 23rd September 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm quite lucky, I live ten minutes away from the Bristol Watershed which is a fantastic arts/indie cinema. I got to watch Wild Tales, The Duke Of Burgundy and Hard To Be A God on the big screen, as well as classics like The Third Man and 2001.

I've set foot in a multiplex maybe a handful of times in two years, once for Inherent Vice, the other times with the kids. I was forty last month and I'm quickly turning into my Father, I find 90% of modern movies, especially blockbusters, far too loud, it used to be about the characters.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!