Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

the blob 5th November 2011 01:25 AM

Cheaper to buy the US one. :lol:

Under a tenner on Amazon Marketplace.

Pete 5th November 2011 01:26 AM

:p

I had the US one and it looked great.

the blob 5th November 2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 195445)
:p

I had the US one and it looked great.

Found it for £10.95 at Zavvi. Great film but I'd like to pay less to get depressed. :)

Hopefully it'll end up around the £7 mark.

marvinnashsear 5th November 2011 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Pete;195439]Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Abel Ferrara's original BAD LIEUTENANT is getting a UK release in a few days time:

The only reason I'd upgrade from the region 1 dvd is if it had Schoolly D on the soundtrack.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th November 2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 195439)
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Abel Ferrara's original BAD LIEUTENANT is getting a UK release in a few days time:

Play.com - Buy Bad Lieutenant (1992) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

You would think there would be artwork somewhere!

Legend 13th November 2011 05:55 PM

Keeping up with Arrow Video and Shameless blus, and catching up with Masters of Cinema, Arriw Films and that one nameless collection with Gold slipcases (which makes them impossible to search for!) is becoming really pricey! And now I see these new BFI releases at really reasonable prices.I guess they don't really look like my sort of film, but curiosity's there nonetheless.

What would someone say is a good place to jump into BFI's collection?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th November 2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 195587)
You would think there would be artwork somewhere!

I know -- I've looked and can't find even anything with 'Artwork TBC' anywhere.

oaxaca 13th November 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 197430)
Keeping up with Arrow Video and Shameless blus, and catching up with Masters of Cinema, Arriw Films and that one nameless collection with Gold slipcases (which makes them impossible to search for!) is becoming really pricey! And now I see these new BFI releases at really reasonable prices.I guess they don't really look like my sort of film, but curiosity's there nonetheless.

What would someone say is a good place to jump into BFI's collection?

Sure. You can't go wrong with THE INNOCENTS. A classic British horror film and a brilliant blu ray release from BFI. Not a "new" release though.

Legend 13th November 2011 07:52 PM

Sounds really interesting. That's next Saturday's viewing sorted, thanks!
I've got The Exterminator and Nightmare on Elm Street collection to get through this week. Can't wait!

the blob 16th November 2011 10:02 AM

Dracula Prince Of Darkness

Plague Of The Zombies

The Reptile

All from Studio Canal/Optimum in Feb!

:dance: