Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Pete 22nd August 2012 08:17 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Rik 22nd August 2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 267847)
Ah fook! No covers yet. Please don't bastardize the artwork like the US blu-rays! :pray:

Covers are up on Play.com
Play.com - Buy online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!
Play.com - Buy online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Unless of course they've just picked these images from the DVDs

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd August 2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 267852)

Just stock photos from the posters.

the blob 22nd August 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 267848)

Scary film....

I remember reading about some US audiences clapping and cheering when a Russian was killed.

fuzzymctiger 22nd August 2012 10:20 PM

Great prices!!! If I am correct, the special features on the US Divimax DVDs are the same as the US blu ray right? If so I'd pick these up even if they were bare bones.

Daemonia 23rd August 2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 267857)
I remember reading about some US audiences clapping and cheering when a Russian was killed.

The only good Russkie is a dead Russkie, as Arnie would say. Blame him.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 267853)
Just stock photos from the posters.

That's not necessarily a bad thing – much better than some new bland images which someone knocked up on a computer in their lunch hour!

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 267921)
That's not necessarily a bad thing – much better than some new bland images which someone knocked up on a computer in their lunch hour!

I doubt they'll use the original versions. Probably the same ones as the US blu-rays, with added flames!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 267926)
I doubt they'll use the original versions. Probably the same ones as the US blu-rays, with added flames!

It would be great if they were used and hope springs eternal.

Hawkmonger 23rd August 2012 10:55 AM

Got this from BFI.

"Hi Zach, thanks for your kind words about Flipside. Our next releases are not for some time, but rest assured that we are working on some extraordinary and surprising titles for 2013."

Sound's good.

Refused 23rd August 2012 12:36 PM

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...84553882_n.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 267986)

Beat me too it! :lol:

ReturnToZero 23rd August 2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 267857)
Scary film....

Sick ****ers. Propaganda against Russia is very big in the US.

Justin101 23rd August 2012 01:56 PM

I left a comment on the Facebook but it looks like they deleted it :S it only said I hadn't seen the film but the art is awesome. Weird.

Refused 23rd August 2012 03:23 PM

It's on there, Facebook is just a sack of crap.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th August 2012 06:52 AM

Just cancelled my pre-order for Eureka's The Testament of Dr Mabuse Steelbook, and have re-ordered it from Eureka direct. Saves a pound, and supports the company: Everyone wins.

http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/kevin/i...ment_steel.png

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th August 2012 08:01 AM

I also ordered that from the Eureka Video shop, and ordered the Cleopatra Steelbook while I was there.

They both look really good, with excellent artwork.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st August 2012 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Goldeneye Play.com Exclusive BD steelbook. Guess which one seems to have won the poll to choose the cover? As if there was ever any real choice!

Daemonia 31st August 2012 02:25 PM

What are MGM UK playing at? I had Child's Play pre-ordered which boasted plain but effective artwork, now they've changed it to this...

Now you all know I'm not an artwork fanatic and it won't make me cancel my pre-order, but that artwork is terrible. It's like some bad cover for an 80's John Hughes movie. Awful, just awful. I half expect to see MacCauley Kulkin peering out from around the corner.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st August 2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 269887)
What are MGM UK playing at? I had Child's Play pre-ordered which boasted plain but effective artwork, now they've changed it to this...

Like the James Bond and Night of the Living Dead 1990 artwork, that is horrible and does nothing to persuade me to upgrade from DVD. I don't necessarily want distributors to stick to the same covers which adorn the DVD releases, but something which is aesthetically pleasing shouldn't be out of the question!

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st September 2012 08:37 AM

The winning Goldeneye Steelbook artwork is now up at play.com. Original poster artwork! I'm a happy bunny. Bring on the rest with the original artwork.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5c02137a-c935-5a4f.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/5c02137a-c940-6b71.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/5c02137a-c94e-183d.jpg

Paul@TheOverlook 1st September 2012 09:15 AM

Very nice, but for the £74 for 22 films that I'm paying for my set (thanks to the 20% discount HMV was giving away a few months ago) I can live without owning them all with OAw. I shudder to think how much money I've wasted on the various home video incarnations these films have had over the years and will not be buying them again :D

There's a really nice coffee table book of original art that I own so if I need a fix I'll dig into that ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st September 2012 09:17 AM

:lol: I'll happily shell out a couple of hundred pounds for these.....just ss long as they don't all come out in the same month!

antmumford 1st September 2012 09:24 AM

Wow! Now for those out there in the world who don't think there's much difference between DVD and Blu-ray or those who say "but its an old film, what's the point of getting it on Blu" then look no further than the upcoming Lawrence of Arabia 4K restoration trailer. Stunning, just stunning.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35049

Paul@TheOverlook 1st September 2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 270024)
:lol: I'll happily shell out a couple of hundred pounds for these.....just ss long as they don't all come out in the same month!

I'd be happy if they came on a brown paper bag if it meant getting them cheaper! *

* just kidding

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 270026)
Wow! Now for those out there in the world who don't think there's much difference between DVD and Blu-ray or those who say "but its an old film, what's the point of getting it on Blu" then look no further than the upcoming Lawrence of Arabia 4K restoration trailer. Stunning, just stunning.

Exclusive New Lawrence Of Arabia Trailer | Movie News | Empire

I hope it's showing at a cinema near me as it is a great film and the cinematography and score are so good it's definitely going to benefit from a 4K HD restoration and be an even better viewing experience.

antmumford 1st September 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 270028)
I hope it's showing at a cinema near me as it is a great film and the cinematography and score are so good it's definitely going to benefit from a 4K HD restoration and be an even better viewing experience.

I'm lucky enough to not have seen it yet and don't anything about it either, not even the synopsis so I'll be watching it for the first time ever, in a cinema.

Refused 1st September 2012 09:52 AM

Isn't it just 4 hours of some guy walking around a desert?

Baseball Fury 1st September 2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 270030)
Isn't it just 4 hours of some guy walking around a desert?

If Citizen Kane is just 3 hours of a man being mean and Apocalypse Now is 3 hours of a man driving a boat, then yes.

Refused 1st September 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 270040)
If Citizen Kane is just 3 hours of a man being mean and Apocalypse Now is 3 hours of a man driving a boat, then yes.

They all need more car chases.

ReturnToZero 1st September 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 270042)
They all need more car chases.

And explicit sex!

Baseball Fury 1st September 2012 10:46 AM

I'm not sure about that one, I think I've seen enough of Brando and his butter for one lifetime.

fuzzymctiger 1st September 2012 12:04 PM

I'll end up buying this blu ray for landscape sequences along. I'll be seeing in October anyway when it's on at my local single screen in 4K with uncomprossed 5.1.

Hell if it's good enough, and if I get a job, I might that fancy special edition, if not, I might just buy the UK one

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 270029)
I'm lucky enough to not have seen it yet and don't anything about it either, not even the synopsis so I'll be watching it for the first time ever, in a cinema.

That's an extremely fortunate position to be in, so try and avoid all trailers and just go into the cinema and watch it as if it's a sneak preview of an upcoming release.

fuzzymctiger 1st September 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 270099)
That's an extremely fortunate position to be in, so try and avoid all trailers and just go into the cinema and watch it as if it's a sneak preview of an upcoming release.

It'll also be my first time, but all I've seen is the new trailer

Rik 2nd September 2012 09:22 PM

I've got a bit of a dilemma regarding the upcoming Universal Classic Monsters BD set. I've pre-ordered both the standard set and the LE Coffin from Sainsbury's for £33.99 & £41.99 respectively. I can't decide which one to cancel, I want the coffin but lack the storage space for it, but I know if I don't get it, it will shoot up in value like the DVD sets did with the busts(that I foolishly didn't buy for £30 from HMV because I didn't want to carry it round all day and had gone when I went back later). :decision::confused:

antmumford 3rd September 2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 270447)
I've got a bit of a dilemma regarding the upcoming Universal Classic Monsters BD set. I've pre-ordered both the standard set and the LE Coffin from Sainsbury's for £33.99 & £41.99 respectively. I can't decide which one to cancel, I want the coffin but lack the storage space for it, but I know if I don't get it, it will shoot up in value like the DVD sets did with the busts(that I foolishly didn't buy for £30 from HMV because I didn't want to carry it round all day and had gone when I went back later). :decision::confused:

Answer: Buy coffin set and shift things around to make room for it. Simples

Rik 3rd September 2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 270488)
Answer: Buy coffin set and shift things around to make room for it. Simples

Yeah, it does seem like the obvious choice, I'd definitely regret not picking the coffin set up before it goes up in price.

Rik 3rd September 2012 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Artwork for the upcoming Second Sight BD/DVD of Brian Yuzna's excellent Society, can't wait for this release!
Attachment 78153

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd September 2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 270572)
Artwork for the upcoming Second Sight BD/DVD of Brian Yuzna's excellent Society, can't wait for this release!
Attachment 78153

Hmmmm, not sure I like the flag as the background.