Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 139820)
It's been brought forward to the 4th I think, Nos - Amazon e-mailed me the other day to let me know.

It was originally slated for release in March, though.

I'd better get started then!

BAKA 31st March 2011 08:01 PM

Nice to see the Scream Trilogy finally getting a UK Blu-ray release in April! Can't wait :) Came out of nowhere, though, I'll have to budget accordingly. Thanks to Storaro I'll have an extra £14.99 to put towards it :tongue1:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 140025)
Nice to see the Scream Trilogy finally getting a UK Blu-ray release in April! Can't wait :) Came out of nowhere, though, I'll have to budget accordingly. Thanks to Storaro I'll have an extra £14.99 to put towards it :tongue1:

Sadly, they have only released the R related cut of Screamm in high definition rather than the one that was Craven submitted to the MPAA and was subsequently cut.

bdc 1st April 2011 09:10 AM

Seems there wasn't enough time (they only acquired the rights recently) to make new hd transfers...

Hopefully a future re-release will rectify this,in any case these should be the best bd releases up till now (improving on the Canadian bd's).

oaxaca 6th April 2011 06:58 AM

For Ghibli fans...

LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY and MY NEIGHBOURS THE YAMADAs are both being released on 9th May...woohoo! MORE! MORE!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 141057)
For Ghibli fans...

LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY and MY NEIGHBOURS THE YAMADAs are both being released on 9th May...woohoo! MORE! MORE!

I've asked to review these two, having never seen My Neighbours the Yamadas and only seen Laputa: Castle in the Sky once, a very long time ago, so fingers crossed.

darthelvis 6th April 2011 11:28 AM

There will be a limited edition cover with Reach poster of Tron Legacy Blu Ray going up on the Disney Movie Rewards site from 18th April, if anyone collects the points might be worth getting (1500 points).

I'm almost there for points so hoping to secure a copy.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 141071)
There will be a limited edition cover with Reach poster of Tron Legacy Blu Ray going up on the Disney Movie Rewards site from 18th April, if anyone collects the points might be worth getting (1500 points).

I'm almost there for points so hoping to secure a copy.

I'd be more interested in a limited edition cover of the original Tron, i.e. one that isn't crap! :lol:

pedromonkey 10th April 2011 12:07 PM

just found out that Conan is coming to blu-ray on 12th july and has a really bad cover, they've changed the font for conan...

Conan The Barbarian [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Earl Jones, Max von Sydow, Sandahl Bergman, Ben Davidson, John Milius: DVD

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 141903)
just found out that Conan is coming to blu-ray on 12th july and has a really bad cover, they've changed the font for conan...

Conan The Barbarian [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Earl Jones, Max von Sydow, Sandahl Bergman, Ben Davidson, John Milius: DVD

No thanks! They can keep their BBFC butchered version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk