LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
You mean I'm not getting express for $15?

Ach well,yours will arrive first this time!
Nope! You're getting registered. Will still come faster than the cheaper option though, and it's trackable. I went for the express just because it was REALLY annoying waiting weeks after everyone else for NOTLD and Enemy Mine.
Old 16th February 2013, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm kind of bummed that I had to sit out on Christine. I'm looking forward to hearing more details on the forthcoming Carlotta release of The Fury though. Have I mentioned how much I despise TT's business model?

Old 20th February 2013, 07:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This was probably already posted in another thread, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twillight Time DVD Label
Friday, March 8th - now that SAE have had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations -- this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer.
Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon will be signing a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of TT product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.)
Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will go up at 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!)
(Source: TT facebook page)
Old 20th February 2013, 08:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Isn't 4pm EST the same time as before: 9pm GMT? Sadly, much as I'd like to, I can't afford to spend $100 on TT merchandise as owning a signed copy would be awesome.
Old 20th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Isn't 4pm EST the same time as before: 9pm GMT? Sadly, much as I'd like to, I can't afford to spend $100 on TT merchandise as owning a signed copy would be awesome.
Ditto!
Would be great to own one but thats just way too much to spend!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th February 2013, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
So, all sold out, eh? And, of course, there's no market for these films. So they say.

Christine isn't really a favourite of mine but I would've picked it up if it had gone on general sale.

Whilst I don't blame TT for exploiting this limited sales model, what I don't like is all the gloating that goes on. The whole 'I've got one and you haven't, I'm a bigger horror fan than you!' kind of thing. It divides what should be a united community - a bit like real life, I suppose: the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Or is that getting too deep into the argument...

Whatever, if you really, passionately love the film, then I don't blame you for grabbing a copy, I don't suppose. But, please, enough with the gloating over those less financially solvent who might not be able to afford to splash out 30-odd bucks for a Blu-ray in one go.
I agree I can't be doing with I got ? And you haven't people nothing wrong with saying you got such item but gloating or annoying ppl by it a different matter. I remember reading about a bloke not sure what is was but he got upset because he was the 2nd person in the queue to buy the first release of eg say iPhone 5 in the world and he wanted to be the first ever person in the world to buy it..
Why I mean after all what exactly would he gain from it no medal prize or anybody recognising him as he walks down the street and people saying oh look that guy was the first in the world to get iPhone 5 wow I'm jealous let's go get his autograph .. NO so wether he was the first or 5th million customer does it realy matter.?
Old 21st February 2013, 08:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I remember reading about a bloke not sure what is was but he got upset because he was the 2nd person in the queue to buy the first release of eg say iPhone 5 in the world and he wanted to be the first ever person in the world to buy it..
Why I mean after all what exactly would he gain from it no medal prize or anybody recognising him as he walks down the street and people saying oh look that guy was the first in the world to get iPhone 5 wow I'm jealous let's go get his autograph .. NO so wether he was the first or 5th million customer does it realy matter.?
The very definition of 1st world problems. And just another good excuse why mother nature needs to wipe us out and start again.

Old 25th February 2013, 08:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Ultimate Edition of Army of Darkness sounds very good and is a must buy. I hope the packaging is good so I can put it next to my Necronomicon set without it looking crappy in comparison.
The artwork for the Ultimate Edition was revealed a few days ago, but after fans (including myself) have said that it's pretty bad, Koch have actually said that it's old artwork, and it'll change.

Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 25th February 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

End of March sees the US release of The Collection.
Shame EOne will only release the film on DVD in the UK.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th February 2013, 08:29 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The artwork for the Ultimate Edition was revealed a few days ago, but after fans (including myself) have said that it's pretty bad, Koch have actually said that it's old artwork, and it'll change.

That's really good to hear as it's pretty bland, non-descript and in desperate need of an iconic image or, preferably, one of the better original posters on the front.

Like this? Share it using the links below!