Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2013, 05:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It misses out on the Warriors journey feature which is the one that includes the Game of Death footage

That makes this an easy pass for me as I can't see much wrong with the original blu-ray I already have
Old 6th March 2013, 05:20 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
It misses out on the Warriors journey feature which is the one that includes the Game of Death footage

That makes this an easy pass for me as I can't see much wrong with the original blu-ray I already have
Might not be a big deal for most people, but I understand they may have also replaced the classic Warner logo at the beginning of the film with the 90th Anniversay one. This makes me sad.
Old 6th March 2013, 05:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Might not be a big deal for most people, but I understand they may have also replaced the classic Warner logo at the beginning of the film with the 90th Anniversay one. This makes me sad.
If that's the Saul Bass one, that's a nice logo that fits the movie IMO, and there are some very vocal supporters trying to get it back on blu-ray.com

Also, I was very excited about this set, but with no theatircal cut or original audio, an artwork that hurts my eyes, missing documentaries, and a whole bunch of crap paper I won't look at again, I think Ill wait until its cheap.

I was hoping we would get a digibook with the original artwork, and the old features, maybe one or two new ones, with both cuts, dubs and a new transfer.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 6th March 2013, 12:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
If that's the Saul Bass one, that's a nice logo that fits the movie IMO, and there are some very vocal supporters trying to get it back on blu-ray.com

Also, I was very excited about this set, but with no theatircal cut or original audio, an artwork that hurts my eyes, missing documentaries, and a whole bunch of crap paper I won't look at again, I think Ill wait until its cheap.

I was hoping we would get a digibook with the original artwork, and the old features, maybe one or two new ones, with both cuts, dubs and a new transfer.
It's getting a remaster which will hopefully be better than the previous. That's enough for me. All the old docs were in SD anyway so I can just buy the S.E. DVD for about £2 if I want (which is less than I sold mine for )

No original soundtrack is a pain but then there's no other choice for that and I'm so used to the Extended Cut now.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 6th March 2013, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It's getting a remaster which will hopefully be better than the previous. That's enough for me. All the old docs were in SD anyway so I can just buy the S.E. DVD for about £2 if I want (which is less than I sold mine for )

No original soundtrack is a pain but then there's no other choice for that and I'm so used to the Extended Cut now.
Thing is, though, I thought the original BD release looked pretty damn good so I'm struggling to see how this could be a dramatic improvement. So far this looks like a pass for me, which is a shame as it is one of my favourite films of all time.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I don't mind since The original is on the disc already available.
A nice fancy box would've been nice!
A true classic old ETD.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post

Yeah it's the Saul Bass one. Thankfully it's on the BD out just now. Think I'll be giving this new release a miss.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's also getting a quiet re-release over here. Just says with ultraviolet copy. I'm wondering if it'll be another wave of Warner steelbooks?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B...r=8-11&pi=AA75
Old 6th March 2013, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

By the way, where has it actually been stated that the logo was going? I thought it was all just conjecture from the original press release. I've always just expected the new logo to come before the actual film.
Old 6th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Cult Addict

Anyone know when TOWER OF EVIL is getting a blu-ray release? I cannot remember for the life of me where I heard it was coming out, probably on here but I think scorpion releasing might be sticking it out... I would love to get that in hi def!

Like this? Share it using the links below!