Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2013, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Not sure if has been posted already but Scream Factory are due to release John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness on BD sometime in autumn.
Old 27th May 2013, 04:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Excellent news; I really like Carpenter's underrated movie, so will definitely buy a BD.
Old 29th May 2013, 05:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

I think it's been said that Grindhouse are releasing their entire catalogue on blu ray, slowly but surely, but this new piece of news is from another forum, said by Bob Murawski.

"Our upcoming Blu-ray re-release of PIECES is being mastered from 4K scans of the original camera negative. The work was done by Deluxe Lab in Madrid. Nothing but the best for a classic like PIECES. In addition, our upcoming release of THE SWIMMER was also scanned at 4K. Both coming to Blu-Ray soon.

Bob Murawski
Grindhouse Releasing"

Pieces in 4K.

I came.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th May 2013, 11:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I think it's been said that Grindhouse are releasing their entire catalogue on blu ray, slowly but surely, but this new piece of news is from another forum, said by Bob Murawski.

"Our upcoming Blu-ray re-release of PIECES is being mastered from 4K scans of the original camera negative. The work was done by Deluxe Lab in Madrid. Nothing but the best for a classic like PIECES. In addition, our upcoming release of THE SWIMMER was also scanned at 4K. Both coming to Blu-Ray soon.

Bob Murawski
Grindhouse Releasing"

Pieces in 4K.

I came.
The Swimmer??? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th May 2013, 08:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Synapse films have revealed the artwork for their release of Demons & Demons 2.....and they're steelbooks!

DEMONS Limited Edition Steelbook

- Limited Edition Steelbook Featuring All-New Artwork from Wes Benscoter
- Each Steelbook is Blu-ray packaging sized, and will be a Combo Pack containing both a Blu-ray (BD-50) and a DVD (DVD-9) of the feature and extras.
- Unlike previous releases, we have the original Italian Language Stereo mix, the International stereo alternate dub mix and the original U.S. mono soundtrack!
- Audio Commentary Track with Cast & Crew Featuring Recollections from Director Lamberto Bava, Make-up Effects Artist Sergio Stivaletti, Musician Claudio Simonetti and actress Geretta Geretta.
- Removable English Subtitles for both the U.S. Language Dub Version, as well as the Original Italian Version.
- Collectible Reproduction of the Original Metropol Theatre Ticket seen in the Film.
- The transfer is from a new HD scan of the original 35mm negative, in 1080p/23.98fps 1.66:1 aspect ratio [not the same muted colors and weak black levels as previous released versions].
- All audio tracks will be encoded in DTS-HD MA.

-Featurettes (from Calum Waddell’s HIGH RISING PRODUCTIONS Company) include:
PROFONDO JONES – THE CRITICAL PERSPECTIVE – Interview with Alan Jones

CARNAGE AT THE CINEMA – LAMBERTO BAVA AND HIS SPLATTER MASTERPIECE – 30 Minute Interview with Director Lamberto Bava

MONSTROUS MEMORIES WITH LUIGI COZZI – 30 Minute Interview

SPLATTER STUNT ROCK – Interview with Stunt Man Ottaviano Dell’Acqua

DARIO AND HIS DEMONS – PRODUCING MONSTER MAYHEM – All-New Exclusive Interview with Producer Dario Argento.

DEMONS 2 Limited Edition Steelbook
[Extras/Transfer are still in the early stages of completion. What we list below is what we currently have. Other extras may still be added.]

- Limited Edition Steelbook Featuring All-New Artwork from Wes Benscoter
- Each Steelbook is Blu-ray packaging sized, and will be a Combo Pack containing both a Blu-ray (BD-50) and a DVD (DVD-9) of the feature and extras.
- Contains the Original Italian Language Mix and the Original English Soundtrack.
- Removable English Subtitles for both the English and Italian Versions.
- The transfer is from a new HD scan of the original 35mm negative, in 1080p/23.98fps 1.66:1 aspect ratio [not the same muted colors and weak black levels as previous released versions].
- All audio tracks will be encoded in DTS-HD MA.

-Featurettes (from Calum Waddell’s HIGH RISING PRODUCTIONS Company) include:
SCREAMING FOR A SEQUEL – THE DELIRIOUS LEGACY OF DEMONS 2 – Interview with Lamberto Bava.

THE DEMONS GENERATION – ROY BAVA DISCUSSES A LEGACY IN LACERATIONS – Assistant Director Roy Bava Speaks About His Experiences on DEMONS and DEMONS 2.

A SOUNDTRACK FOR SPLATTER – Composer Simon Boswell Discusses His Genre Music Making Career.

DEMONIC INFLUENCES – FEDERICO ZAMPAGLIONE SPEAKS – Interview Segment.

Rik, keirarts, sawyer6 and 4 others like this.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Really not keen on the covers and surprised they're allowed to say something like "not the same muted colors and weak black levels as previous released versions" in a press release.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not keen on the Demons 2 art, but I love the Demons one. And saying "previous releases" means they can say the Arrow one had problems, without mentioning them. I know a few people thought the Arrow disc could've been better.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not keen on the Demons 2 art, but I love the Demons one. And saying "previous releases" means they can say the Arrow one had problems, without mentioning them. I know a few people thought the Arrow disc could've been better.
Yeah, it's just a bit of a sly dig. Not to mention an opinion. Just seems a bit iffy legally

Nice to see Synapse releasing stuff again though; seems like it's been a while. I'll probably get these at some point to check out the transfer and for the extras
Old 29th May 2013, 08:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

btw people, the Demons steelbooks will only be available through the Synapse website......and they don't ship to the UK! Hopefully blu-raysforeveryone.com can get a copy!
Old 29th May 2013, 08:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
btw people, the Demons steelbooks will only be available through the Synapse website......and they don't ship to the UK! Hopefully blu-raysforeveryone.com can get a copy!
Are they getting a standard release Stephen?

Like this? Share it using the links below!