Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

sawyer6 29th October 2011 11:10 PM

Just watched Limbo(1999).Very interesting movie with good perfomances by the main cast,unconventional narrative and the beautiful wilderness of Alaska

InDogWeTrust 30th October 2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 193878)
I was only 17 and still at school when the original Ginger Snaps was released, so have never seen it as a problem.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...81-660-495.jpg

:happy:

So you'd be about 27 now?
...Katharine Isabelle is only 29! ;)

nekromantik 30th October 2011 02:05 AM

Saw The Tapes a new brit found footage flick.
Its about 3 young people going to shoot some footage for big brother audition and then getting involved in this weird cult place.

Was ok overall but took too long to get going, nothing really happened for first 40 mins and the movie is only 77 mins long!

Also watched Jurassic Park 2, its no where near as good as first of course but it is fun until the Rex in the city which ruins the whole movie for me!! I also dont understand the hate for JP3, yeah again its not as good as first but its way more fun then the 2nd and very entertaining plus the effects are awesome (not sure how well it will hold up on blu but as its the most recent flick I heard it looks the best out of the 3).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th October 2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 193928)

According to the IMDb, she was born in November 1981 so will be 30 next month -- about the same age as me.

Sam 30th October 2011 10:29 AM

Pieces - love this film and the Arrow DVD is a cracker. I'll never tire of watching this.

One Hour to Die (preview copy) - watched this because my mate's in it - low budget is an understatement! Interesting concept but not realised as well as it could've been

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th October 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 193928)

Yep. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 193968)
According to the IMDb, she was born in November 1981 so will be 30 next month -- about the same age as me.

Hands off, Nos - she's mine! :D

Pete 30th October 2011 01:09 PM

THE AMAZING TRANSPLANT - Daft horror from Doris Wishman, with all the shaky camerawork, out of focus shots and all round bad acting you expect from her films.

THE COTTAGE - Decent Brit horror with some funny moments and nasty gore fx

DAGON: SECT OF THE SEA - Effective horror from Stuart Gordon, probably the best film produced by The Fantastic Factory.

DON'T GO IN THE WOODS..ALONE - Awful, one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 193985)
THE AMAZING TRANSPLANT - Daft horror from Doris Wishman, with all the shaky camerawork, out of focus shots and all round bad acting you expect from her films.

THE COTTAGE - Decent Brit horror with some funny moments and nasty gore fx

DAGON: SECT OF THE SEA - Effective horror from Stuart Gordon, probably the best film produced by The Fantastic Factory.

DON'T GO IN THE WOODS..ALONE - Awful, one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Not probably, Definetely, Dagon is easily the best Lovecraft adaptation going.

Glad you also like The Cottage, couldn't you just cuddle Jennifer Ellison?

Then she'd call you a :censored::censored::censored: :doh:

Daemonia 30th October 2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 193863)
They are interesting takes on the vampire legend and Katharine Isabelle (Ginger) it easy on the eyes!

Vampire? I didn't spot any of those. Plenty of werewolves though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 193987)
Vampire? I didn't spot any of those. Plenty of werewolves though.

Nos doesn't really know what he's on about, you should know that by now. :poke:

:peep:

:D