Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 12th January 2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 208876)
I have the R1 dvd of JASON GOES TO HELL-THE FINAL FRIDAY and its one of the best F13 films esp in terms of uncut gore
it even was passed uncut in the UK....

I'm a fan of this too, it's like a F13 film crossed with an action film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 208932)
I'm a fan of this too, it's like a F13 film crossed with an action film.

...and The Hidden.

PaulD 12th January 2012 10:58 PM

Is that the one with Jason as some sort of weird snake thing that possesses people?

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 208934)
Is that the one with Jason as some sort of weird snake thing that possesses people?

Sure is.

Hammer time 12th January 2012 11:05 PM

Just got Netflix on my PS3 watched so far,
Dreamscape-haven't seen it in years the snake monster is still very cool
Tokyo Gore Police-Silly fun gore film,made me laugh at the stupidly of it
Hellraiser Deader-My fave non hellraiser hellraiser movie

PaulD 12th January 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 208935)
Sure is.

Bloody awful film that! :) Really wasn't a fan of it at all when I last saw it. Only really like the silly bit at the end with Freddy's glove.

gag 13th January 2012 02:47 AM

Last week thought id have a David cronenberg week watched

Fast company one of his early films didnt find it to bad enjoyable..
Spider bit slow but watchable none the less kept you intrigued.
M butterfly ...
Dead Zone for some reason i always kept putting myself off from watching this and i dont know why..I highly enjoyed it..

This week has been jeff lieberman
Squirm not up to much realy a time filler
Just before dawn extremly well done concentrated on atmosphere tension etc instead of blood abd gore etc..

Gojirosan 13th January 2012 02:50 AM

Ring 2 - a decent sequel, but stretched thin and a bit too clumsily convoluted. Doesn't stand up to the first, but then sequels rarely do. So I suppose we can just be grateful it is as good as it is.

Tomorrow, the original sequel - Spiral, then Ring 0.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 208876)
I have the R1 dvd of JASON GOES TO HELL-THE FINAL FRIDAY and its one of the best F13 films esp in terms of uncut gore
it even was passed uncut in the UK....

I ordered it following your recommendation and received a shipping e-mail this morning, so hopefully it will arrive at the beginning of next week.

Handyman Joe 13th January 2012 07:57 AM

Fear(s) of the Dark. Got this for a couple of quid in Fopp yonks ago and had forgotten all about it. Anyone remember the Steve Bisette horror anthology comic Taboo? This is basically an animated edition of said rag. Not as brain bendingly scary as the packaging claims but some pretty good stuff, especially the Charles Burns one (insects;orifices) and a nightmarish piece about a Japanese schoolgirl which actually met the criteria and freaked me out. Could have did without some of the filler between these two. Overall, well worth a look although we're still waiting for our first full length animated horror masterpiece - why is this I wonder?.