Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

J.R. 20th December 2010 09:08 PM

i just was the Piranha remake and have to say, even though it was full of blood and boobies, I was fairly non-plussed by it.

James Morton 20th December 2010 09:28 PM

What films have you seen recently?

Luc Besson's THE BIG BLUE - directors cut
I finally have seen this film as intended
I prefer Besson's other films but this personal film of his was although I thought a bit overlong, it was worth it and the 'mystical ending' excellent
I only wish Besson would go back to directing stylish thrillers, a la NIKITA and LEON

nekromantik 20th December 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 117811)
i just was the Piranha remake and have to say, even though it was full of blood and boobies, I was fairly non-plussed by it.

:lol:
its a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved it!!!
Its a fun "turn off your brain" horror flick.
As long as you did not expect it to be anything else then you would enjoy it.

pedromonkey 20th December 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 117803)
Watched "Backwoods" starring Paddy Considine and Gary Oldman. Nice little film this.

i really liked this film, loved the twist in it too. Glad someone else has seen it.

Eurosleaze 20th December 2010 10:56 PM

Recently?

E tanta paura (Plot of Fear) - a decent giallo starring Corrine Clery and some random Italian actor and Corrine Clery. Not bad and held my attention for the most part even though I'm not particularly into the genre. Eli Wallach stole the show for me - his character was far more interesting than anything else there although I had my suspicions about his character from the very start.

Il solco di pesca (Furrow of a Peach) - dull, dull, dull. Not even enlightened by the appearance of the beautiful Gloria Guida. Quality on the Raro DVD is dismal too. Nothing happens in the movie of any interest and there aren't nearly enough ladies' bottoms in the film to live up to the expectation of the rather forward cover art (a topless Guida).

Gojirosan 20th December 2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 117811)

I loved it. Second best film of the year for me (afer The Road). A very accomplished bit of film-making, I thought.

nekromantik 21st December 2010 01:22 AM

Just seen And Soon the Darkness remake.
It was crap!
ha ha
Not seen the original but it wasnt anything new and just seemed like other similar movies (gals in the outback getting kidnapped). So kinda bored me.

Vampix 21st December 2010 02:40 AM

Been watching some classic British horror:
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
Blood on Satan's Claw
10 Rillington Place

J.R. 21st December 2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 117831)
I loved it. Second best film of the year for me (afer The Road). A very accomplished bit of film-making, I thought.

My problem with it was watching it in 2D (I don't have a 3D tv). The CGI 3D effects look SOOOO bad in 2D that it makes the suspension of disbelief difficult to maintain... specifically the fish in the tank... it jusr hovers there in space and doesn't look a part of the environment.

I enjoyed it, but thought the ammount of people that raved about it were over-reacting.

The appearance of Gianna Michaels and her... puppies... was nice though.

Inspector Tanzi 21st December 2010 10:40 AM

THE HANGED MAN

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q.../hangedman.jpg

I finished the last of the eight episodes last night. Poweful stuff, this is up there with some of the best 70's programmes.and has a fantastic soundtrack to boot.

YouTube - The Hanged Man theme - Bullit - Alan Tew

YouTube - The Heist ( from A Hanged Man ) - Bullit - Alan Tew