Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

broonage 21st December 2010 11:31 AM

I love one of the YouTube replies for that theme Tanzi:

"I always play this tune in my car when im going for an M.O.T., just so all the mechanics know what kinda guy I am............................*.......last time it failed."

Haha!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st December 2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjarbar (Post 117738)
Yep, and one of Sly's first films! But what do you think of the remake with Stratham? Would it have been better as a stand alone film?

I wasn't at all keen on the remake as it felt more like watching a computer game than a movie. The title fitted the content but I doubt Death Race 2000 was on the minds of most people who watched the remake so it properly wasn't that big a factor.

mercury 21st December 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 117827)
i really liked this film, loved the twist in it too. Glad someone else has seen it.

I watch alot of films on the horror channel. Every now and then there are some little gems like this one.:)

nekromantik 21st December 2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 117840)
My problem with it was watching it in 2D (I don't have a 3D tv). The CGI 3D effects look SOOOO bad in 2D that it makes the suspension of disbelief difficult to maintain... specifically the fish in the tank... it jusr hovers there in space and doesn't look a part of the environment.

I enjoyed it, but thought the ammount of people that raved about it were over-reacting.

The appearance of Gianna Michaels and her... puppies... was nice though.

I would hope they made a 2D effects version as well as a 3D version as the movie was a post convert. If the official 2D version looks bad on blu then I will have to watch the crappy red and green glasses version :lol:

Eurosleaze 21st December 2010 04:37 PM

I've just seen City of the Living Dead for the first time today. Not one of Fulci's better flicks, I thought - that honour goes to The Smuggler. And what is it with Fulci and eyes? Doesn't Catherine MacColl sound a bit weird? ;)

nekromantik 22nd December 2010 12:27 PM

Saw Black Swan last night and it was awesome!!
Natalie Portman was amazing in it and so was her rival.
It had some wtf moments and made you think.
One of the best movies of the year for me.

Eurosleaze 22nd December 2010 12:53 PM

Riff-Raff, by Ken Loach. Good film but the DVD really isn't up to much at all.

Vampix 22nd December 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurosleaze (Post 117893)
I've just seen City of the Living Dead for the first time today. Not one of Fulci's better flicks, I thought - that honour goes to The Smuggler. And what is it with Fulci and eyes? Doesn't Catherine MacColl sound a bit weird? ;)

COTLD is one of my favourite ever Fulci horror films, it's full of atmosphere and the gore FX are top notch imo (especially the drill scene).Also, Fulci did seem to have an obsession with eyes, either zooming in on them in close up, or puncturing and gouging them out in graphic detail.

J.R. 22nd December 2010 06:33 PM

I just watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street, and now I am going to smash my genitals in a drawer so at least I would have done one fun thing today.

What a pile of poop.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd December 2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 118072)
I just watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street, and now I am going to smash my genitals in a drawer so at least I would have done one fun thing today.

I will be amazed if that doesn't make Quote of the Week in this week's newsletter! I've yet to see the film but morbid curiosity will eventually get the better of me.

I've watched the Blu-ray Discs of A Bay of Blood, Peeping Tom and I'm currently watching the complete version of Metropolis, also on BD. Three excellent films in different ways.