Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

the blob 22nd October 2010 03:08 PM

I just don't think I can watch a film about anything to do with Facebook, despite David Fincher!

Revisited Bob Clark's Black Christmas last night for the first time in years. Still stands up as a great, very tense proto-slasher that was years ahead of it's time. Got to pick up the Blu-Ray sometime and see for myself how it looks.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd October 2010 04:13 PM

That's the funny thing -- most of the film isn't about Facebook, but about the process of building a website, creating demand and how many toes you have to tread on in order to succeed. It has an extremely interesting central character in Mark Zuckerberg who is an absolutely fascinating individual.

mbv 22nd October 2010 10:10 PM

Just back from a screening of Island of Death..what a mental movie. Funny as hell but yet very disturbing. Have to admit that I enjoyed every sleazy minute of it.
Director did a Q & A with Calum too

Also got to watch Inferno Bluray the other day, blown away by this. Some scenes were crystal clear and although some scenes had some grain in it this is the best it's ever looked.

Human Centipede...Hate it when a movie is hyped up as the most disturbing movie of the year. Thought it was ok, the whole idea of it disgusted me and it's one of those movies you are watching and then you realise you have a face on like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Story wise there's not much to it really. The bad guy is up there with on screen mental sicko's though.

Make Them Die Slowly 23rd October 2010 12:01 AM

THE ZODIAC KILLER. This 1971 oddity is more fiction than fact. The film starts with a 40 minute red herring before the identity of the Zodiac is shown however it's a great red herring, ending in a scene with a crazed father threatening to saw his daughter in half because as he tells his ex-wife "she's half mine"! The film then goes completely barmy as we see the Zodiac at home worshipping strange Gods and himself, before he goes out and kills again and again and again. He also spends a lot of time looking after his pet rabbits. The best kill in the film is when he traps an old lady under the bonnet of her car then jumps up and down on the bonnet laughing his head off!

THE RITUAL OF DEATH. Brazilian madness featuring such delights as disembowelment by: claw hammer, smoke machine fan propeller, wheel of truck on which the smoke machine rests and a mind boggling strangulation in a bath full of water that causes the victims eyes to pop out and float to the top! The plot concerns some nonsense about Egyptian death cults, a stage play, demonic possession and indigenous Indians.

If all that wasn't enough it contains a sex scene in a bath which involves a real severed goats head:eek:

bdc 23rd October 2010 08:19 AM

Apparently the police did a stake out at (the few) local screenings of The Zodiac Killer in the hope he would show up to watch it. ;)

Make Them Die Slowly 23rd October 2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 109495)
Apparently the police did a stake out at (the few) local screenings of The Zodiac Killer in the hope he would show up to watch it. ;)

That's really cool, were the police expecting him in full Zodiac costume so that they would be able to identify him.:lol:

bdc 23rd October 2010 11:04 AM

I think they were looking for suspicious characters... ;)

They did have a description of him by that time it seems.

mercury 23rd October 2010 02:37 PM

Watched Phenomena on Horror channel last night. I liked it alot. The way that the paronormal, suspense and mystery elements blended so well. Just when I thought the film was ending rather flat. There is a killer finish:pound: I am liking Argento more with each film I see.

re.form 23rd October 2010 08:17 PM

Rashomon.

Sam 23rd October 2010 11:03 PM

The Initiation - loved it, delivered everything an 80's slasher should!