Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th November 2010 10:28 AM

Watched Antichrist again last night (this time on Blu). Fantastically disturbing film with some beautiful imagery - especially the scenes within the forest. Not for everyone, but this is a film that loses nothing of its original impact on repeat viewings.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th November 2010 01:46 PM

If you like Antichrist, you'll love Possession, the one-time video nasty by Andrzej Zulawski with a superb performance by Isabel Adjani and some of the most disturbing imagery I've ever seen -- it will live with you for a long time after it's finished.

Last night I watched the original House of Wax with Vincent Price and will probably follow it up with Mystery of the Wax Museum tonight.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th November 2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 111345)
If you like Antichrist, you'll love Possession, the one-time video nasty by Andrzej Zulawski with a superb performance by Isabel Adjani and some of the most disturbing imagery I've ever seen -- it will live with you for a long time after it's finished.

I really enjoyed Possession, and I'm so glad that it has recently received a UK re-release. I'd been tempted to get the German release for a while, but will have to pick up the UK DVD soon.

Quote:

Last night I watched the original House of Wax with Vincent Price and will probably follow it up with Mystery of the Wax Museum tonight.

I'm a big fan of the original House of Wax (the remake was just dire). Not Price's best film, but certainly one of my favourites.

Mojo 6th November 2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Watched the new UK disc of this the other night, Nosferatu.

It's years since I've seen the movie and indeed it is still very powerful ( not to mention bizarre! )

There are a couple of nice extras too - an interview with the director and a 'making of' feature.

nekromantik 6th November 2010 06:38 PM

I need to check Possession out :)

Sargento 6th November 2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 111153)
btw: Welcome back, Sarge - haven't seen you about in a while. :welcome:

Thanks Biz ... came back from Cuba and had a few personal and family problems .. but turned a corner now!

Great to be back onlline with guys!

:clap:

nekromantik 6th November 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 111396)
Thanks Biz ... came back from Cuba and had a few personal and family problems .. but turned a corner now!

Great to be back onlline with guys!

:clap:

:)
glad you got that sorted m8

Sargento 6th November 2010 09:25 PM

Bought and watched

Jumper

On BD the other day.

I quite like it actually ... have seen it before but for a fiver on BD, I couldnt resist it. Looks and sounds lovely.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th November 2010 09:43 PM

Just came back from watching Burke and Hare with a mate. Pretty good film although at times a better title may have been 'Burke and Meh', luckily the cast is incredible - I wont spoil anything here but there's so many great cameos - and it's quite funny but nothing I'd rush out to buy.

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th November 2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 111420)
Bought and watched

Jumper

On BD the other day.

I quite like it actually ... have seen it before but for a fiver on BD, I couldnt resist it. Looks and sounds lovely.

I liked Jumper. Hayden Christensen actually showed that he wasn't the soggy piece of driftwood he appeared to be in Star Wars. Hope Jumper 2 happens.