Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 3rd November 2010 04:46 PM

i thought the final was a massive let down didnt do anything for me apart from bore me a bit to be honest...

Argentofan 3rd November 2010 06:42 PM

House On Haunted Hill - Really enjoyed it. I didn't think I was going to like it but I really did. :D

1959 version btw.

Pete 3rd November 2010 09:15 PM

Killer Crocodile 2 - Dreadful!

nekromantik 3rd November 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 110958)
i thought the final was a massive let down didnt do anything for me apart from bore me a bit to be honest...

I liked it.
Was very enjoyable.

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd November 2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 110306)
I watched Wild Zero again the other day. It's such a crazy fun film. It describes itself as a Rock n Roll Jet movie, whateve that is. Its a zombie film about a guy called Ace who loves the band guitar wolf (it Japanese and I believe their quite big over there). People turn into zombies and Ace along with Guitar Wolf (who turn out to be sort of super hero's) fight them off. It's full of all the sort of quirks you'd expect in a Japanese horror comedy its voilent, funny and often quite weird.

Guitar Wolf also star in the uber trashy and pretty crappy "The Sore Losers". The film stars David F. Freidman and Jack Oblivian from the band Oblivians. I wouldn't bother with the film but recommend going for the soundtrack instead, as it's a fine and dandy collection of garage punk.

Recently watched the Worzel Gummidge Christmas Special "A Cup o' Tea an' A Slice o' Cake". It contains a really weird ritual scene involving the Crowman that plays like a Satanic version of the final scenes of "The Wicker Man"!! I shit you not. However instead of human sacrifice, it ends with a song and dance number about tea and cakes.

nekromantik 4th November 2010 12:48 AM

Just seen Chatoom. The Hideo Nakata english langauge flick made in the UK.

Its not really horror, I quite enjoyed it. Was suprised at how much I enjoyed it.
There are bad points about the movie yes but overall it was very enjoyable and you actully care about the charcters and get into them.

Recommend it to everyone here.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th November 2010 07:29 AM

Watched the often overlooked Hammer production Paranoiac last night, which has garnered new acclaim due to Eureka's recent DVD and Blu-ray releases. Watching this in HD, the transfer was fantastic. Superb performances and a gripping story makes this an essential for any Hammer fan, or anyone in the mood for a tense, moody thriller.

mercury 4th November 2010 10:12 AM

Watched Inferno on Bluray last night. I must say that this is a film that has lived up to the hype! It was better than I could have imagined. The music is great and I really liked the underwater scene. this fillm has so many good points that I don't have time to mention them all. So instead I will list my only dissapointments: The ending. I found this to be quite short, if you take the ending to start when the Mother is revealed. But the firey ending is very appropriate. I take it that the mother dies?

Any way I will now have to get a hold of the other mothers dvd's as I have yet to see them. But as I have no expectations I feel that I will be very satisfied with them both.

Ashy 4th November 2010 10:30 AM

Watched the documentary American Grindhouse yesterday, had no idea Calum was involved till the credits rolled, enjoyed it.

Gigantor 4th November 2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 111013)
Killer Crocodile 2 - Dreadful!

:(