Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th November 2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 112835)
I have been catching up on a load of Public Domain titles lately.

I have concluded that Lady Frankenstein, Naked Massacre and Scream Bloody Murder are all interesting films deserving of restoration (all three films are cut in their PD versions) and release in decent quality prints.

Totally agree, Goj. Scream Bloody Murder is an excellent film - highly recommened that one too.

bdc 16th November 2010 09:02 PM

Which films are Naked massacre and Scream Bloody Murder?
I assume Naked massacre is this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211971/

James Morton 16th November 2010 09:13 PM

What films have you seen recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 112830)
I prefer Dead Pool. :P I don't know why.

Last night I watched the Friday The 13th remake, didn't really like it. & I also watched Terminator 2, which is a childhood fav and I love it. :pop2:

i think sudden impact is the best 'dirty harry' movie
the dead pool the worst
your right about t2 - and its one of my all time fave films

pedromonkey 16th November 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 112868)
i think sudden impact is the best 'dirty harry' movie
the dead pool the worst
your right about t2 - and its one of my all time fave films

the problem i had with Sudden Impact was that it had Sondra Locke in it and im not a big fan of hers and Harry's always been about upholding the Law and even though she had a pretty good motive for doing what she did, i can't see his character ever letting multiple murderer go free, for me it un-Callahan like. Unlike the previous films he's hard to the core and plays the rules dirty and in this he seemed more like Clean Harry Than Dirty Harry, but it's opinions at the end of the day.

Also T2 is one of the best Sci-Fi Action films ever made....

James Morton 16th November 2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 112879)
the problem i had with Sudden Impact was that it had Sondra Locke in it and im not a big fan of hers and Harry's always been about upholding the Law and even though she had a pretty good motive for doing what she did, i can't see his character ever letting multiple murderer go free, for me it un-Callahan like. Unlike the previous films he's hard to the core and plays the rules dirty and in this he seemed more like Clean Harry Than Dirty Harry, but it's opinions at the end of the day.

Also T2 is one of the best Sci-Fi Action films ever made....

your'e right really about callahan letting her go scott free
despite what had gone before and locke's so called acting
an unususal storyline for him due to his right wing cop persona
well...he was shagging her at the time!

DeadAlive 17th November 2010 04:59 AM

When A Stranger Calls. (2008)
Little Big Soldier.
Westworld.
Jennifer's Body.

The Tournament. (1974)
Creepshow.
The Killer Inside Me.

mbv 17th November 2010 08:47 AM

Finally got around to seeing Paranormal Activity..One I avoided due to the hype about it being the scariest film ever blah blah blah.
Thought it was pretty well made with decent believable performances with a couple of genuinely scary moments. Although I can't imagine it's one that will continue to shock on repeat viewings.
The part at the end gave me the biggest chill since Exorcist 3

Gojirosan 17th November 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 112867)
Which films are Naked massacre and Scream Bloody Murder?
I assume Naked massacre is this one?
Die Hinrichtung (1976) - IMDb

Yes, that's the one, original title Born For Hell. This is Scream Bloody Murder aka Matthew:

Scream Bloody Murder (1973/I)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th November 2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 112896)
Finally got around to seeing Paranormal Activity..One I avoided due to the hype about it being the scariest film ever blah blah blah.
Thought it was pretty well made with decent believable performances with a couple of genuinely scary moments. Although I can't imagine it's one that will continue to shock on repeat viewings.
The part at the end gave me the biggest chill since Exorcist 3

I was surprised just how watchable this was on the second viewing when I rented the BD a couple of months ago. A word of warning: avoid the sequel like the plague as it is an absolute snorefest of a film.

Gojirosan 17th November 2010 01:41 PM

I though the first one was an absoute snorefest! I felt like the filmmakers were playing an infuriating practical joke on me when I watched it.