Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Argentofan 31st August 2010 08:14 PM

Just watched Misery, it was very good, I enjoyed it. :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:18 PM

Just finished watching Violent Shit and never in the history of film, has a title been so true. Sure it was violent but, bloody hell, it was shit! Absolutly terrible! So bad! I think I've just witnessed a new low in film. :laugh: I knew this wasn't going to be great, but woah! What's up with the speed of the film - it felt like watching a video keep buffering via a slow internet connection. I'm just hoping the next two films in the trilogy are better. Pleeeease! I want to luv these films!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 99656)
Just finished watching Violent Shit and never in the history of film, has a title been so true. Sure it was violent but, bloody hell, it was shit! Absolutly terrible! So bad! I think I've just witnessed a new low in film. :laugh: I knew this wasn't going to be great, but woah! What's up with the speed of the film - it felt like watching a video keep buffering via a slow internet connection. I'm just hoping the next two films in the trilogy are better. Pleeeease! I want to luv these films!

They're pretty much more of the same (except the effects get slightly better as you go along) :pound:

The third one's complete carnage. Love 'em though in a so bad they're awesome kind of way.

Also, you think these are bad? Wait until you watch Maskhead. At leat VS is non-stop cheese-flavoured gore, you'll need to set your alarm clock when watching MH, in case you doze off. ;)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:30 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hope your wrong mate, and I enjoy MH and the other two VS films otherwise I may just cry. How could I be so stupid to waste my money like that?! Waaaaa! I think I need a hug.

Maybe if the films are just slightly better looking - none of this 'buffering' 'slow-mo' thing, then I wouldn't mind them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 99662)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hope your wrong mate, and I enjoy MH and the other two VS films otherwise I may just cry. How could I be so stupid to waste my money like that?! Waaaaa! I think I need a hug.

Maybe if the films are just slightly better looking - none of this 'buffering' 'slow-mo' thing, then I wouldn't mind them.

Don't worry mate - it's all the trials and tribulations of being a movie nerd. Gotta take the rough with the smooth. ;)

You do seem to be on an extreme gore trip through the dank dungeon of indy cinema lately. :lol: Uni essay, or just fancy a dose of the nasty stuff? :madgrin:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:43 PM

:laugh: No essay at the moment, BE. I'm just yearning for some nastiness! Mwahahaha!

I was going to get into the German Splatter films properly (I haven't seen too many yet sadly) and was expecting this to be similar to Das Komabrutale Duel - shame it wasn't. Ah well, at least VS and those two ToeTag films could be quite cool to drop into convos.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st August 2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 99664)
:laugh: No essay at the moment, BE. I'm just yearning for some nastiness! Mwahahaha!

I was going to get into the German Splatter films properly (I haven't seen too many yet sadly) and was expecting this to be similar to Das Komabrutale Duel - shame it wasn't. Ah well, at least VS and those two ToeTag films could be quite cool to drop into convos.

Just don't whip 'em out on a first date. ;)

If you want to get into more German Splatter try tracking down some Ittenbach or Bethmann. They are the masters of splat.

There is also tonnes of great Jap splat out there too, if that tickles your splatter-bone. ;)

pedromonkey 31st August 2010 10:06 PM

ive not got any interest in underground gore flicks such as August Underground and the other toetag films, no interest in these low-budget german splatter flicks, i just don't see the point to them, i like violent films but not if the violence if for violence or controversial sake.

i think you may have wasted 35 quid kyle, but then again ive not seen them....

gag 1st September 2010 09:12 AM

Violent shit ....as the saying goes it does exactly as it says on the tin.....
I watched a cruel picture show few wk back and mentioned it to my friend they had the other film by Bo arne vibenius breaking point, They lent it me and i tried hence i said tried to watch it last night , What a total pile of crap dull boring tedious and loads of blowjobs i got so far into the film and was relentlesly bored and uninterested so i turned it of..
Also i got the the ultiimate version of the warriors to watch, apart from the comic book scenes can any 1 tell me what else if different from the original,

pedromonkey 1st September 2010 12:07 PM

continuing my viewing of films ive never seen, last night i watched Brian DePalma's Dressed To Kill, which i found to be incredibly tense and had some brilliant performances especially from Nancy Allan and Angie Dickinson, Michael Caine is on Form as always too...