Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Argentofan 30th August 2010 08:26 PM

I was just thinking, Giallo could have meant yellow, and the killer had that thing that made his skin yellow. Perhaps that was why it was called Giallo.
edit: Sorry for the double post.

Sargento 30th August 2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 99505)
I was just thinking, Giallo could have meant yellow, and the killer had that thing that made his skin yellow. Perhaps that was why it was called Giallo.
edit: Sorry for the double post.

Think you hit the nail on the head there with your conclusion Argy!! :nod:

Did you notice all the subliminal yellow in the film? The yellow flowers, the original yellow "Giallo" italian murder mystery novels etc.

Well placed.

:clap:

Argentofan 30th August 2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 99507)
Think you hit the nail on the head there with your conclusion Argy!! :nod:

Did you notice all the subliminal yellow in the film? The yellow flowers, the original yellow "Giallo" italian murder mystery novels etc.

Well placed.

:clap:

I did notice that, but I didn't put two and two together 'till now. Just looking at the covers and stuff, all the text is in yellow, yellow knives.

Anyway, just finished watching Lizard In A Woman's Skin, not Fulci's best, but it wasnt bad.

pedromonkey 31st August 2010 11:23 AM

watched Suspiria for the first time last night, brilliant film and amazingly well shot....

mercury 31st August 2010 11:44 AM

Watched Paradise Lost on sunday. Good film, not as good as hostel but quite enjoyable. As a non swimmer, I found the underwater cave scenes quite intense. For me being given a choice of fight a man with a gun or get lost in an underwater cave; I'd face the gun:pray:

BioZombie 31st August 2010 11:51 AM

I watched Zombieland again on BR yesterday and it was as good as when I first saw it in the cinema. If there's anyone yet to see this it's really worth a watch, Woody Harrelson is awesome in it.

nekromantik 31st August 2010 02:18 PM

watched killer inside me

was a bit slow for me taste but was pretty good when it got going.
the violence towards woman was quite shocking in a non horror movie.

pedromonkey 31st August 2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 99569)
watched killer inside me

was a bit slow for me taste but was pretty good when it got going.
the violence towards woman was quite shocking in a non horror movie.

along with Lars Von Trier, Michael Winterbotton is my second most hated director, i will of course be missing this...

nekromantik 31st August 2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 99571)
along with Lars Von Trier, Michael Winterbotton is my second most hated director, i will of course be missing this...

it was not that bad,
Its not like antichrist where it splits the audience into 2. love it or hate it.

re.form 31st August 2010 07:51 PM

SALT - jeeeeezzusss.

Vinyan - loved this one from the fella that did 'Calvaire'. Really atmospheric and one that left me wondering. Blinding cinematography.

Excalibur. Haven't seen it since I was a kid and loved it.