Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 196214)
That's Kristen Stewart! ;)

This is Kristen Bell:

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com...in-complex.jpg

:love:

Kristen confusion! Bell over Stewart any day!

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 196268)
Kristen confusion! Bell over Stewart any day!

Now where's my Veronica Mars movie???? :pray:

InDogWeTrust 9th November 2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 196275)
Now where's my Veronica Mars movie???? :pray:

Answer: In the player closest to the bed with a box of tissues and a warm wet cloth next to it ;)
:laugh:

Demoncrat 9th November 2011 09:24 AM

Dawn of the Dead (with savini, romero comm) still a delight, and a good informative comm, recommended!

Seventh Curse woop woop, HK lunacy from 93 starring the Chow yun Fat (how suave! how debonair!)...packs more into 77 minutes than Bay et all manage to, whilst making their shite stretch out to 2 and a half hours, RECOMMENDED!

Return To Horror High well i must have been in a charitable mood, but i liked it in all its groansome stupidity, from a time before irony, loved the Police Squad style ending as well!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 196262)
FRAGILE is well worth a look.I rather like WIND CHILL as well although I know plenty of people who don't.Good ghost films are so thin on the ground so I'm hoping the new version of THE WOMAN IN BLACK will be good.The trailer looks decent.

I also really like Wind Chill.

A ghost story that actually has a lovely claustrophobic icy atmosphere to it, with good performances, and not over done with sfx.

bdc 9th November 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 196280)
Seventh Curse woop woop, HK lunacy from 93 starring the Chow yun Fat (how suave! how debonair!)...packs more into 77 minutes than Bay et all manage to, whilst making their shite stretch out to 2 and a half hours, RECOMMENDED!

I need to give this another watch soon. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 196262)
FRAGILE is well worth a look.I rather like WIND CHILL as well although I know plenty of people who don't.Good ghost films are so thin on the ground so I'm hoping the new version of THE WOMAN IN BLACK will be good.The trailer looks decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196298)
I also really like Wind Chill.

A ghost story that actually has a lovely claustrophobic icy atmosphere to it, with good performances, and not over done with sfx.

Ah, now I didn't rate Wind Chill. I agree the sfx were subtle and done very well, but both the performances and story didn't agree with me at all!

I'm also interested in seeing the new version of The Woman in Black. :nod:

darthelvis 9th November 2011 12:40 PM

Finally watched the Arrow Blu Ray of Maniac Cop along with the extras last night and it looks awesome in Hi Def! Been a number of years since I've seen the film but it holds up well. I would love to see part 2 in Blu!

Make Them Die Slowly 9th November 2011 09:45 PM

"Rare Exports". Excellent film, very original, slightly wonky and never have so many old men's cocks been shown in one film!

pedromonkey 9th November 2011 11:11 PM

watched Ronin, my all time favourite action film, always astonishes me at how they managed to film the car chases in Paris. Just so awesome, the blu ray though is a bit of a let down, not the best transfer and absolutely no special features except a trailer....