Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

antmumford 18th December 2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 204426)
Then I watched Super 8, which had none of the merits of Gremlins. It is a rehashed hodge-podge of clichéd ideas you have seen a million times before, tediously rendered with no wit or discernible intelligence. A terrible film that falls into every single trap it manages to set itself. Avoid at all costs. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it wasn't quite as bad as Cloverfield, but by God it was close. Dreadful.

Boo! :thumbdown:

One of my films of the year :-)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

nekromantik 19th December 2011 01:33 AM

I agree..Super 8 was amazing.
JJ and Spielberg brought the old skool Amblin flick back and it worked!
My steely has a dent it in however so need to return it! I opened it however so might watch and then return as it will take a while before I get the replacement.

I just seen Some Guy Who Kills People, it was pretty average but slow comedy "horror" if you can call it that. More of a comedy thriller about a guy that kills his schools old baseball team. If your bored then check it out, you can do much worse then this! :)

keirarts 19th December 2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 204430)
I agree..Super 8 was amazing.
JJ and Spielberg brought the old skool Amblin flick back and it worked!
My steely has a dent it in however so need to return it! I opened it however so might watch and then return as it will take a while before I get the replacement.

I just seen Some Guy Who Kills People, it was pretty average but slow comedy "horror" if you can call it that. More of a comedy thriller about a guy that kills his schools old baseball team. If your bored then check it out, you can do much worse then this! :)

Saw 'some guy who kills people' at the grimm up north festival. Its loads of fun, had me chuckling quite a lot!

Demoncrat 19th December 2011 11:26 AM

watched Episode 50.
easily the worst of the "found footage" films ive seen yet.
a Ghosthunters type team investigate a haunted asylum....wake me up before you go BOO etc....intially the concept could have been good, but a feeling that they didnt know what KIND of film they were making dissapated ANY impact it's not even Grave Encounters....and thats saying something...harumph!

tonight Atrocious...in dutch (or swedish, im not sure hahaha:crazy:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th December 2011 06:36 PM

I watched the Aaron Norris-directed The Hitman and Hellbound yesterday,jeez Chuck,big a fan and all,these are laughably bad mate!

Paul@TheOverlook 19th December 2011 06:37 PM

That latter-day Cannon stuff was pretty shitty.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th December 2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 204521)
That latter-day Cannon stuff was pretty shitty.

Which is a shame as I LOVE their earlier films.
I noticed only one of the Go-Go team produced.......did the other die?

PROSATANOS? :lol:

Sounds like one of the pills my old dear is on!

Demoncrat 20th December 2011 12:12 PM

well i watched Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu (as twas titled on the trailer)....faded faded print, lovely stuff....the plot some nonsense about saving some kids school or whatever, but some greatly cheesy martial arts later, they triumph....all in all a reasonable nights viewing (unlike E50, michty!)

Gojirosan 20th December 2011 12:43 PM

The Bourne Supremacy

Worse than the first one, less human and character driven and more a cynical and mechanical effort. It is generally a dreary and boring film which is lit up towards the end by a truly superb car chase sequence. However, one set piece does not a good film make.

Handyman Joe 20th December 2011 04:40 PM

Bong Joon-Ho's The Mother - another unclassifiable, unpredictable Korean effort that mesmerises for its entire 140 minutes. Best watching this knowing nothing about it.