Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

pedromonkey 29th August 2010 05:52 PM

just watched Return Of The Blind Dead, very cool film, not as hood as Tombs but still tops, reminded me a bit of Assault on Precinct 13 though.

Sargento 29th August 2010 05:55 PM

Woke up at 5.30 am this morning and couldnt get back to sleep. So I decided to put on

The Deadly Spawn

10 minutes later, I was fast asleep ... bah!

:mmph:

nekromantik 29th August 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 99312)
I Spit was one I should've got tickets to see. I wish I did now, regardless of it being cut. Monsters was on straight after I Spit so I could hear just how big the cheer for that film was after it ended. Sounds like quite a good remake.

I would not gone all that way and saw cut movie but thats just me :lol:
if your close or lots of money then I would ha ha

gag 29th August 2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 99387)
Woke up at 5.30 am this morning and couldnt get back to sleep. So I decided to put on

The Deadly Spawn

10 minutes later, I was fast asleep ... bah!

:mmph:

thats what i tend to do when i cant sleep put a film on

pedromonkey 29th August 2010 09:24 PM

just watched Death Ship, man the producers and alvin Rakof screwed Jack Hill over, enjoyable enough film with some pretty amazing performances. The nucleas dvd is a great package, my congrats to Mark Morris and Jake West for their work on it....

Sargento 30th August 2010 11:12 AM

FINALLY got to see

Giallo

Last night. After all the slating, I was expecting an embarrassment of a film. But do you know, I kinda enjoyed it! I really don't know what all the laughing and sniggering was with all the reviews! There was really little wrong with it. OK Argy didn't appear to be in control with the editing as some of the side story was missing - but I feel it was the studio (and no doubt big nose!) who hacked and chopped to make it sub 90 minutes. Overall I felt it was a very well directed movie.

Commence the stoning guys ... I can take it :eek:

Edit: Did forget to comment that the Giallo character sounded like Papa Lazzaru from League Of Gentlemen! "Are you Daaaave?" "You are my wife now!"

Argentofan 30th August 2010 06:22 PM

I really enjoyed Giallo too, I don't see what was really wrong with it. It wasn't that bad.

Tonight I'm going to watch Lizard In A Womans Skin.

nekromantik 30th August 2010 07:16 PM

just seen Piranaha 3D!

loved it ha ha

So much fun and gory too :P

guy who played Jake was awesome and Kelly Brook looked HOT!!

Sargento 30th August 2010 07:20 PM

(Argentofan)I really enjoyed Giallo too, I don't see what was really wrong with it. It wasn't that bad.

I think it was the fact that it was called Giallo and was not ... erm ... a giallo really.

It was a damn sight better than Card Player AND Phantom

:shocked:

Argentofan 30th August 2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 99495)
(Argentofan)I really enjoyed Giallo too, I don't see what was really wrong with it. It wasn't that bad.

I think it was the fact that it was called Giallo and was not ... erm ... a giallo really.

It was a damn sight better than Card Player AND Phantom

:shocked:

Ah yeah, thats true. That was probably the only thing that bothered me, that we knew the killer quite early on, thats part of the fun of the dario film, guessing the killer the first time you see it. But I agree, it was FAR better than Phantom, but I prefered Card Player to it. :D