Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Pete 18th November 2008 01:35 PM

I just got:

Norman J Warren Coffin box
Behind Convent Walls
Tokyo Decadence
Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde
and waiting for;
The Demons
Draculas Daughter ,to pop through my letter box

TALL DUDE 18th November 2008 03:16 PM

Bought five ex rental dvds for a tenner in cash coverters over the weekend..

ST.ELMOS FIRE-Mid 80's brat pack movie which was a lot better thabn i can remember.

THE ENTRANCE-Some satanic torture flick going from the blurb on the box.Released by dnc. Aint watched it yet.

SEVEN- Watched this last night,and my opinion aint changed since seeing it back in 1997...its still so boring and way overlong,even the supposed shock ending is pretty tame now.

WHEN EVIL CALLS-mobile phone horror flick!!! As bad as it sounds.

House of 9- aint seen this one before,but it stars kelly brook,so dunno if thats a good thing.(probably not.)

Halloween_22 18th November 2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 17346)
Bought five ex rental dvds for a tenner in cash coverters over the weekend..

ST.ELMOS FIRE-Mid 80's brat pack movie which was a lot better thabn i can remember.

THE ENTRANCE-Some satanic torture flick going from the blurb on the box.Released by dnc. Aint watched it yet.

SEVEN- Watched this last night,and my opinion aint changed since seeing it back in 1997...its still so boring and way overlong,even the supposed shock ending is pretty tame now.

WHEN EVIL CALLS-mobile phone horror flick!!! As bad as it sounds.

House of 9- aint seen this one before,but it stars kelly brook,so dunno if thats a good thing.(probably not.)

THE ENTRANCE caught my eye in Zavvi the other day. Thought it looked alright (although the 15 certificate was a bit off putting to say its a torture film :ack:) Let us know if it's worth picking up Dude :)

St.Elmo's Fire is a classic! Although its no Breakfast Club :cool: :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th November 2008 06:25 PM

On sunday I picked up CRIMES OF PASSION,WHILE SHE WAS OUT and LONE WOLF/BABY CART Boxset.....

I can recommend WHILE SHE WAS OUT.Kim Basinger was rather good as a stalked mother/wife stalked by thugs.....what happened to that sweet little luggy boy from WITNESS?-Amish life finally made him flip his lid!:D

cloud 18th November 2008 06:49 PM

I had a brilliant surprise today in town when I visited a charity shop and found the very rare BLOODBATH OF DR. JEKYLL Pre-Cert going for 50p :cool:. It's presently going on eBay for £25 and that's just the starting bid so YOWZA BLOODY YOWZA!

I've just watched it an all and it was pretty good though a bit tedious in parts. Its off-beat atmosphere makes amends for that though, just a shame it had some of its gore trimmed but still I can't complain because it's rare and it's a V-T-C video and they look great on the shelf AND in the video player.

I also got me the Pre-Cert of THE ISLAND and also THE LAMP and NIGHTMARE VOYAGE for the sum of £2.48.

DOUBLE YOWZA!

I love charity shops!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th November 2008 09:13 PM

I JUST ordered Fritz The Cat and The Nine Lives Of Fritz 3 disk boxset for only £5.99. My first toonsploitation, I think. Anyone seen them?

:D

Pete 19th November 2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 17373)
I JUST ordered Fritz The Cat and The Nine Lives Of Fritz 3 disk boxset for only £5.99. My first toonsploitation, I think. Anyone seen them?

:D

I've seen Fritz the Cat, it was alright, not as good as i had hoped

TALL DUDE 19th November 2008 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=Halloween_22;17352]THE ENTRANCE caught my eye in Zavvi the other day. Thought it looked alright (although the 15 certificate was a bit off putting to say its a torture film :ack:) Let us know if it's worth picking up Dude :)

Will do hal.Probably watch it tonight.I must get some reviews up.
Watched beyond the wall of sleep and house of 9 last night....double bill from hell.:ack:Thank god for gameboys and pac man.:D

TALL DUDE 19th November 2008 01:48 PM

I can recommend WHILE SHE WAS OUT.Kim Basinger was rather good as a stalked mother/wife stalked by thugs.....what happened to that sweet little luggy boy from WITNESS?-Amish life finally made him flip his lid!:D[/QUOTE]

Noticed this in woolies last week.Sounds quite good. Basinger was pretty good in the recent(ish) cellular and who could forget her in nine and a half weeks.Yum!:cool:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th November 2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 17377)
I've seen Fritz the Cat, it was alright, not as good as i had hoped

I can't get the song 'House Rock' out of my head! It's just so.... cool!