Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

cloud 14th November 2008 12:10 PM

Damn skippy, DMWMS rocks! I enjoyed every minute of it and have watched it a few times. Brilliant entertainment.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th November 2008 06:34 PM

Just wondering - has anyone here seen either Fritz The Cat or The Nine Lives Of Fritz The Cat? I think it's time I got some toonsploitation!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th November 2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 17225)
Damn skippy, DMWMS rocks! I enjoyed every minute of it and have watched it a few times. Brilliant entertainment.

Got the Elite dvd on Santa's list.....;)

KPWNINJA 14th November 2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 17231)
Just wondering - has anyone here seen either Fritz The Cat or The Nine Lives Of Fritz The Cat? I think it's time I got some toonsploitation!

I've seen Fritz the Cat! :p Craziest animation I have seen!!!

Recently bought:
The Eye Trilogy (Excellent first film! Have yet to watch the sequels.)
and
The Ring Virus
(Interesting Korean version of the "Ring" story.)

vincenzo 14th November 2008 09:47 PM

Fritz The Cat is great fun. If you like that you'd also enjoy Jungle Burger (the most unforgettable Tarzan film ever) and the groovy Heavy Traffic.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 15th November 2008 11:57 AM

Oh, thanks guys, I'll have to check that one out then. Play.com's selling both of them (3 disk boxset i think) for only £5.99!

Anywhoo, I've just got the Rise Of The Flesheaters boxset containing;

Days Of Darkness
Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (Aka. Strippers Vs. Zombies!)
and
The Zombie Diaries

Anyone seen any of these? I know they're not THAT good - but I couldn't help getting them as I wasn't paying!!!!!!! :P

Halloween_22 15th November 2008 12:02 PM

Haven't seen 'Days of Darkness' but loved both 'Zombies, Zombies, Zombies' and 'Zombie Diaries'. Two very different films but both great. 'Zombies, etc' is a good fun, low budget comedy horror, thought it was really entertaining and 'Diaries' is a pretty grim, very downbeat POV film which is genuinely nasty in parts. Loved the both of them (for very different reasons :D)

TALL DUDE 17th November 2008 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=Halloween_22;17201]Recent purchases.

Satans Black Wedding/ Criminally Insane/ Criminally Insane 2 (Shock 'O' Rama Nick Phillips triple bill)

Man,hope you have fun with them.I enjoyed them a great deal,especially criminally insanse,hilarious,although the sequel is padded out with loads of flashbacks to the first.
Satans black wedding has a very unsettelling gothicy atmos,which made the film a whole lot better,imo. Enjoy dude!;)

Halloween_22 17th November 2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 17300)

Man,hope you have fun with them.I enjoyed them a great deal,especially criminally insanse,hilarious,although the sequel is padded out with loads of flashbacks to the first.
Satans black wedding has a very unsettelling gothicy atmos,which made the film a whole lot better,imo. Enjoy dude!

They haven't arrived yet (seem to be taking forever) but they sound like fun. Really looking forward to them, they've been in my wishlist for ages. Glad to see they get your seal of approval dude ;)

I was intending to pick up the John Carpenter collection yesterday from Zavvi but 60 quid :eek: you what? had it pinned for around 30, 40 quid tops. The Friday the 13th collection (which was displayed next to it and which features one more film might I add :D) was only 17.99! Couldnt justify paying that for it, especially considering I already own all the films (some are on vhs though so need to upgrade :rolleyes:) Looks like I'll be taking the online route for that one.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th November 2008 08:13 PM

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull-Still the man!Although CGI don't cut it the same as old fashioned stuntwork.

Delta Force 2-Edam/cheddar/brie and Norris all roled into one.