Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

TALL DUDE 20th October 2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 15566)
This week I picked up The Cottage and Zombies, Zombies, Zombies (AKA: Strippers VS Zombies from HMV and got the 2 Disc SE of The Descent and Captivity from Morrisons this morning. Only went to pick up some shopping but they were really cheap so couldn't resist, The Descent 2 Discer was only 3 quid. :cool:

Hal,zoms,zom,zoms, is superb.Dont let its ultra low budget put yah off.Everyone involved is playing it for laughs,and its a hoot from start to finish,especially the "bad ass" pimp. Best enjoyed with an alcoholic tipple or twelve!:D

Halloween_22 20th October 2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 15942)
My boyfriend picked it up from a London film fair last weekend. He's more into these films than I am, I only watch them for censorship reasons.

I don't know if there are any Films fairs where you live but they do tend to stock films that have been banned by the BBFC or would.

Afraid I don't know where else to get the film from.

By the way I have SNUFF 102 to watch next. Supposed to be very extreme.

Going back to Torched, I can't say I actually liked the film. The director is very much on par with Nick Palumbo.

Thanks Angel. Unfortunatley I dont think theres anywhere like that in Leeds I'd be able to get it from. I'll keep an eye out online though. Although, if like you said the directors on a par with Palumbo I might not be in such a rush to watch it :D

I quite want to see 'Snuff 102' aswell, however, it's apparantly not even in the same league as films like 'August Undergrounds Mordum' and the like (but then again, what is :ack:). I'll be interested to know how it stands up, would you let me know what you think after you watch it Angel, it'd be much appreciated.

Halloween_22 20th October 2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 15977)
Hal,zoms,zom,zoms, is superb.Dont let its ultra low budget put yah off.Everyone involved is playing it for laughs,and its a hoot from start to finish,especially the "bad ass" pimp. Best enjoyed with an alcoholic tipple or twelve!:D

You've seen it then :p I asked on another thread if you had or not, figured it'd be right up your street Dude :D Yeah, I watched it a couple of nights ago, really enjoyed it, it was great fun, Laughed my ass off (a few cans of stella probably helped :D)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st October 2008 09:14 AM

Ok these aren't exactly horror films but they still are brilliant I think you will all agree :)

Got the EXTENDED LORD OF THE RINGS Boxset (12 disks!!!!!!!) for only £17.99 of play.com - normally £44 or something like that!

BARGAIN!

Oh, and I also ordered series 1 & 2 or THE MUPPET SHOW (the HMV exclusive) - Manamana! I luv the muppets! :P

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st October 2008 08:33 PM

Doesn't need to be horror to rave about your discs here mate...:)

TALL DUDE 22nd October 2008 06:41 PM

Trying to cut back on my dvd buying what with xmas on its way,and three kids of my own to buy for,although i did succumb last night on amazon and buy brett pipers shock-o-rama.This film has been up and down in price the past few weeks as often as a whores drawers. But at four pound odd,sod it i had to have it, to go with my other piper aquisistions of late,screaming dead,psyclops and bite me. Yowza!

Also ordered some cheapjack titles the other week,and some have started to arrive in the post. Anyone heard of dark fields(slasher flick) Season of the hunted(deliverance type cannibal flick.) Plasterhead(slasher flick) dead lake(zombie flick) Not expecting much,considering how much i paid for em.;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd October 2008 07:11 PM

You're a glutton for punishment mate....:D

TALL DUDE 22nd October 2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 16059)
You're a glutton for punishment mate....:D

Who else is gonna review these,err...cult classics.:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd October 2008 07:23 PM

True.....:)

TALL DUDE 23rd October 2008 02:50 PM

Three dvds arrived in the post today from amazon,plasterhead,cross bones and dead clowns.Been after dead clowns for a while,and at only £3.50 couldnt resist.;)