Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 16th August 2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 97349)
I was thinking of picking this up, but saw the price tag and thought better of it! :eek:

I haven't seen much Milligan either, but this one sounds like fun. :biggrin:

The kids are going to have to go without shoes this coming school term to pay for it. Actually, I went for the £20 second hand deal as it was the first time I'd seen it for less than £30 odd quid new or second hand in a long time.

Out of the ones I've seen it's as much fun as "Guru, the Mad Monk" and just as crazy.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th August 2010 10:56 PM

Just came back from watching one of the greatest films I've seen in a long while. Black Dynamite - just incredible in every way!

Gigantor 17th August 2010 05:57 AM

Yeah BLACK DYNAMITE is a decent film done really well and it didnt get silly which is really appreciated

re.form 17th August 2010 08:02 PM

Shutter Island. Mixed feelings about it. It felt like I was watching Session 9 with considerably more bells and whistles, but not really a better movie.

I'll re-watch it in a couple if years and see how it fares after a repeat viewing.

PaulRobinson 17th August 2010 08:28 PM

Finally watched Woof Creek... thought it was great!

pedromonkey 17th August 2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 97489)
Yeah BLACK DYNAMITE is a decent film done really well and it didnt get silly which is really appreciated

just finished this and it's brilliant, such a spot on spoof and Michael Jai White has amazing comic timing.
so many great one liners...here's a few of my faves...

"HA Ha- i threw that shit before i walked in the room"

"sshhhh Mama, you gonna wake da rest of da bitches"

"mean man meaner than two fat mother ****ers wrestling over pork chops and greens"

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th August 2010 09:44 PM

:laugh: The entire film is full of amazing one-liners.

Donuts don't wear alligator shoes :laugh: I need to get this film!

pedromonkey 17th August 2010 10:12 PM

"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!"

"Ain't nothin' in the world get Black Dynamite more mad than some jive ass sucka dealin' smack to the kids!"

Just brilliant, hell this would have made an awesome part of the Grindhouse Experience...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 97570)
Finally watched Woof Creek... thought it was great!

Woof Creek or Wolf Creek?

DeadAlive 18th August 2010 07:45 AM

Salvage
This low budget British horror quite blatantly takes its inspiration from Geoge A Romero's "The Crazies" as a small cul de sac finds its residents under lockdown by the military while someone (or something) is on a killing rampage. Violent and gory when it needs to be with moments of genuine suspense, this modest little movies drags you in despite some less than perfect acting far better than some recent bigger budgeted horror films.

The Grudge 3
This second U.S. sequel is a slight improvement on the last one but still falls far short of the Japanese originals. Enough of these now please!

Tony
Another mega low budget British film, this one looks at a London based serial killer in lingering detail, focusing on his mundane day to day life and his general inability to really interact with anyone. The concept is painfully realised actually making you feel a bit sorry for the guy who daily mixes with drug addicts and prostitutes until out of the blue he kills for no apparent reason. Brilliantly acted by an unknown cast it has that almost documentary feel to it that pulls you in as if you were watching snippets from real life. This is not a film for all tastes, the slow deliberate pacing does not let up even in it's most shocking moments, but certainly one that deserves a wider audience than this will obviously get. I'm sure someone like Film 4 will pick this up to show tucked away late at night as it was financed by the Lottery Trust.