Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 97690)
Black Caesar - One of the best blaxploitation films.

Totally agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 97777)
Watched Teeth tonight and really thought it was rubbish!

Also agree.

BioZombie 19th August 2010 11:21 PM

I have just finished Zombie Holocaust, I wasnt expecting much but ended up really enjoying it. This film has so many great elements: cannibalism, buckets of gore, crazy scientists, shambling zombies a very creepy atmosphere as well as the excellent Ian McCulloch. In fact it has everything you could ever want in an explotation film and more (in fact there isn't a film I could think of that wouldnt be livened up with a gorey brain transplant).The 1hr 20min run time makes the film go at a quick pace meaning there wasn't a dull moment thoughout.

I imagine most members here have already seen this but if you haven't then Zombie Holocaust is really worth checking out.

Pete 20th August 2010 12:02 AM

Foxy Brown - Average blaxsploiter.

pedromonkey 20th August 2010 12:27 AM

Coffy - good blaxsploitation

Pete 20th August 2010 12:29 AM

I haven't seen Coffy.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 97777)
Watched Teeth tonight and really thought it was rubbish!

I liked Teeth when I saw it at the cinema with a terrific central performance by Jess Wexler and a satire on the abstinence movement in the US.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 97785)
I have just finished Zombie Holocaust, I wasnt expecting much but ended up really enjoying it. This film has so many great elements: cannibalism, buckets of gore, crazy scientists, shambling zombies a very creepy atmosphere as well as the excellent Ian McCulloch. In fact it has everything you could ever want in an explotation film and more (in fact there isn't a film I could think of that wouldnt be livened up with a gorey brain transplant).The 1hr 20min run time makes the film go at a quick pace meaning there wasn't a dull moment thoughout.

I imagine most members here have already seen this but if you haven't then Zombie Holocaust is really worth checking out.

Totally agree with you BZ. Zombie Holocaust is a brilliant film - it's so much fun. And you've gotta luv those bad moments including the guy (manequin!) jumping out of the window, losing an arm and suddenly regrowing it back for the next shot! :laugh: Such a great film :thumb:

antmumford 20th August 2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 97801)
I liked Teeth when I saw it at the cinema with a terrific central performance by Jess Wexler and a satire on the abstinence movement in the US.

Really? I thought it was boring and lifeless, I fell asleep after about an hour or so and woke up right as it finished. My partner said I didn't miss much and she wished she fell asleep too.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th August 2010 01:01 PM

I'm with you too on this one Ant. It could've been so great. I did a little review of it here if you want a read.

Pete 20th August 2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 97821)
Totally agree with you BZ. Zombie Holocaust is a brilliant film - it's so much fun. And you've gotta luv those bad moments including the guy (manequin!) jumping out of the window, losing an arm and suddenly regrowing it back for the next shot! :laugh: Such a great film :thumb:

I liked Zombie Holocaust when I first saw it, but when I watched it again a few years later I thought it was just awful.