Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 23rd April 2009 02:23 PM

Just bought saw 4 for £3 now got them all on the exteme edition and just bought roadkill £1.50
My local flea market on a thur has loads of the gorezone films
demonium, axe, manical, cannibal terror, creepozoids. patrick. nightmares come at night,deep river savages and other
£2 each.are they worth buying or avoiding

jim corrupt 23rd April 2009 06:23 PM

the HardGore titles?
if so theyre very hit and miss mate. nightmares come at night for example is the worst film ive ever seen :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd April 2009 08:04 PM

I have Demonium, but haven't watched it as yet... :o
I did hear a rumour that is was cut on hardgore though... anyone know for sure?

I've got Axe (not on Hardgore though), it's a typical low budget Harry Novak production, but I thought it was fairly good. I don't know if the Hardgore version differs in any way to my version (Something Weird) though.

I've also got Patrick, and that's a pretty okay film too... again haven't got it on Hardgore, my version (Synapse) is anamorphic, I don't think the Hardgore version will be.

I know Deep River Savages is cut on Hardgore, I have an uncut Dutch release by the name of Man From Deep River. Not one of the best cannibal or Lenzi flicks around, but worth a watch.

Pete 23rd April 2009 08:21 PM

The Hardgore version of Patrick is anamorphic. The Hargore Deep River Savages, Turkey Shoot, Thirst, Strange Behaviour, Cannibals, Cannibal Terror and Vampire Killer Barbies are anamorphic as well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2009 09:30 PM

Just watched THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL,a pretty decent 'updating' for once.Reeves was the perfect casting choice for an emotionless alien.....:D

vincenzo 23rd April 2009 09:33 PM

The Hardgore releases of Strange Behaviour and Last Cannibal World are both cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 26238)
I have Demonium, but haven't watched it as yet... :o
I did hear a rumour that is was cut on hardgore though... anyone know for sure?

Never cut by the BBFC.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2009 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered BURKE and HARE from Amazon.Looking forward to seeing it.Is it any good?

vincenzo 23rd April 2009 10:05 PM

I prefer The Flesh & The Fiends but it's not a bad film. The Scaffold's theme song is really out of place though. :ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2009 10:07 PM

Yeah,the Flesh and the Fiends is great,with Cushing on fine form.The image Euroshock disc features two versions of the film,the UK version and the stronger European version....:cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th April 2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 26245)
The Hardgore releases of Strange Behaviour and Last Cannibal World are both cut.

Never cut by the BBFC.

Cheers! :D