Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mark meakin 18th July 2008 12:42 PM

I find Jason King embarassing but I have liked Department S episodes I've seen.

vincenzo 18th July 2008 12:48 PM

Yes Jason King has dated badly and is almost a spoof of itself. Department S is great stuff. The Pied Piper Of Hambledown episode is just terrific.

I've got some off-air (and negligible quality) episodes of a few other 60's series scattered around. Ghost Squad, The Troubleshooters and Riviera Police spring to mind. Been after Take Three Girls for ages now but most of it has probably been wiped.

mark meakin 18th July 2008 01:23 PM

Ghost Squad series 1-3 came out tis year in the UK.Never seen any episodes.

vincenzo 18th July 2008 04:40 PM

It's extremely dated now which is why I didn't go for better quality releases. Gideon's Way has dated too but isn't too bad. Paul Temple (with Francis Matthews) is in my collection somewhere and looks quaint but surprisingly enjoyable.

TALL DUDE 18th July 2008 05:30 PM

Recently bought the code red release of devil times five,after a bit of badgering from cloud.
Also bought, the children,25th anniversary edition.Its from troma,so i aint expecting a pristine master from the vaults.:p

Also bought inside,r1 unrated release.This has had a lot of the cult movie forum members bigging it up,so gave it a go...and...err...leeches.Probably crap!:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2008 05:35 PM

How much did you pay for THE CHILDREN mate?

TALL DUDE 18th July 2008 05:40 PM

?4.80 odd,plus p+p.
They all shipped today from dvdpacific!!:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2008 05:43 PM

**** me,they must have reissued it!-It cost me 30 quid.....:mad:

steve 18th July 2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 9965)
Hello!

I just watched "Chopping Mall" and it is sooooooooooooo 80's! The bad hair! The soundtrack! The special effects! Imagine 'Robocop' meets 'Dawn Of The Dead' meets 'Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes' and I'd say ur pretty close to this film. The 3 robots (AKA the 'killbots' lol!) are not menacing in the slightest, IMO, they look exactly like that robot from 'Short Circuit' (Johny something). Brilliant!

4/5 - I couldn't stop laughing at it.

In the killbots words, "Thank you and enjoy your day!"

I'd completely forgotten this film. I only saw it once but really liked it. It's totally daft but rather enjoyable.

horrorman 19th July 2008 05:33 PM

Creep
halloween
When a stranger calls
Entrails of a beautiful woman
Dellamorte Dellamore
Rage

would recommend them all really good films.